10 Ways to Survive the Territories
courtesy of an old timer from Tip of the Spear
- Rumor has it those legendary Amazon women are real. Find an Amazon and stick close. They’re good at killing, and men rarely see women as dangerous anymore, not when they’re too busy trying to find a willing bed partner.
- Avoid the blood trees when bleeding. Once the branches get a taste of blood, they don’t stop until they drain a body. (I’ve seen it happen, and it ain’t pretty.)
- Whatever you do, don’t screw with the land. Don’t chop down trees, blast rock, or dig for anything deeper than a crap hole unless you have the papers to okay it. The United Territorials (the law) will skin you, burn you, hang you, then leave you there for the birds to peck apart.
- If you need a good man to track for you, contact Hinto Dakota. He’s mean but fair, and he never misses a skip. It’s odd how good he is.
- If you need a good woman, hit up Kitty House. It’s a decent whorehouse in Four Corners Territory with the best looking girls. Check out Dee Ann for a spell.
- Avoid the city of Morrow if you want to live. The McKenzies are bastards, and they take whatever they want. Murder, theft, rape, it’s all good according to Gregor McKenzie. And don’t get me started on his older brother, Butch.
- If you see some weird looking women, ones stacked with muscles and whose faces have flowers inked onto them, go the other way. These women have a tendency to kill first and ask questions later. Oh, and if you see a girl named Thais, let her know Pilar means to kill her dead. Yep, dead.
- Vores are carnivorous horses, and they’re a lot smarter than you think. Piss one off and he might eat you where you stand, clothes and all.
- If you’re a female, do yourself a favor and get a Protectorate. Three or more husbands is a good thing, especially if you’re having to pass through Temeco Territory. Those boys down there are god-awful crazy.
- Lastly, steer clear of the Impact Zone. After the sky rocks hit, the things in that place aren’t human or animal anymore. They’re just wrong. And for heaven’s sake, don’t ever let on if you’re a touch unnatural yourself. The United Territorials will kill you soon as look at you.
For a glimpse of the New West in the Territories, check out this blurb and excerpt from Tip of the Spear. One lucky commenter will win a copy in Kindle format!
Welcome to the New West, where the Nature Laws dictate who lives and dies by the way they treat the land, carnivorous horses and blood trees are accepted mutations courtesy of the sky rocks, and the Impact Zone separates the earth-friendly territories of the West from a more sophisticated, steam-powered East. Women are rare commodities, living in extended families with more than one husband, and children are a necessity in a world where sterility is often the norm. Life is full of challenge, romance and adventure. Something one courageous, wounded Amazon will find out firsthand.
Thanks for having me at Delighted Reader!
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Pre-order – A little chic fic to spice up my summer! - June 14, 2019
- Pre-order – What have we bought now? Another accidental baby on the way! - May 24, 2019
- Review: Cipher by Larissa Ione - May 22, 2019
- Duo Review: Eli’s Triumph by Joanna Wylde - May 20, 2019
- Audiobook Review: Come Away With Me by Kristen Proby - May 17, 2019