This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Genres: Historical Romance
Published by Berkley
Released on December 1, 2015
DNF at p. 139
I grabbed up this book because of the exciting and curious blurb- a woman thief pretending to be someone else while hiding out as an escapee from Bedlam with a lord and his sister on their estate with the promise that she would not let him fall for her. Yes, it really did sound just the thing.
However, after reading nearly half this story and pushing myself to finish it, I’ve decided to stop. I couldn’t engage with the story, I couldn’t like the heroine or her choices (and she did have them and went with less than honorable ones), and I wasn’t even interested to see where the story was going. I had a liking for the hero and his quest to find his brother, but it wasn’t enough.
I won’t say the story is awful, but it is most definitely not for me.
My thanks to Penguin Group for the opportunity to read the book in exchange for an honest review.
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Spotlight and Giveaway: Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven - September 17, 2018
- Review: Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven - September 17, 2018
- Sweet Delight: Last Ship Off Polaris-G by Carol Van Natta - September 16, 2018
- Afternoon Delight: Reluctant Protector by Nana Malone - September 15, 2018
- Blog All About It Challenge September 2018 - September 15, 2018