Series: #1Birch Hall
Genres: Historical Romance
Published by Berkley
Released on December 1, 2015
DNF at p. 139
I grabbed up this book because of the exciting and curious blurb- a woman thief pretending to be someone else while hiding out as an escapee from Bedlam with a lord and his sister on their estate with the promise that she would not let him fall for her. Yes, it really did sound just the thing.
However, after reading nearly half this story and pushing myself to finish it, I’ve decided to stop. I couldn’t engage with the story, I couldn’t like the heroine or her choices (and she did have them and went with less than honorable ones), and I wasn’t even interested to see where the story was going. I had a liking for the hero and his quest to find his brother, but it wasn’t enough.
I won’t say the story is awful, but it is most definitely not for me.
My thanks to Penguin Group for the opportunity to read the book in exchange for an honest review.
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Tied to Trouble by Megan Erickson - March 21, 2018
- Excerpt + Giveaway: Wolf’s Mate by Celia Kyle - March 20, 2018
- What Would These Romantic Suspense Heroines Do With Lisa Renee Jones, Melinda Leigh, and Elisabeth Naughton #Giveaway - March 19, 2018
- Young Delight: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - March 18, 2018
- Review: How to Date Your Dragon by Molly Harper - March 17, 2018