I picked this short little piece because I enjoy murder mysteries that are told with some humor and I wanted to sample Stephanie Bond’s writing. It was a hit on both counts. I enjoyed the story and I want to read more from this author.
The heroine allows her ex-cheating boyfriend in to sleep off a drunk on his couch only to find him still lying there the next morning stabbed through the heart with one of her kitchen knives leaving her the prime suspect and having to call her ex-husband to defend her.
This one was a great short story read for something quick, but well-written. The heroine has made a few flub-ups in her time and they all come back to roost quickly in this story. I liked the sassy first person point of view that helped give the background of the story so that I wasn’t lost. It even had a few lovely twists in it that had me and the heroine suspecting nearly everyone and totally getting it wrong about who the murderer was.
So if you’re looking for something short and a little spicy when it comes to your romantic suspense, give this one a whirl.
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon - October 20, 2018
- Audio Review: Say You’re Sorry by Melinda Leigh - October 18, 2018
- Excerpt and Giveaway: Couldn’t Ask for Anything More by Kianna Alexander - October 16, 2018
- Review: Couldn’t Ask For More by Kianna Alexander - October 16, 2018
- Review: Going Down on One Knee by Christina Hovland - October 15, 2018