Genres: Contemporary Romance
Published by Indie/Self Published
Released on July 7, 2013
This thirty-two page serial short packed some punch. Yes, it left a lot open like the mysterious Kaito’s secret profession and his interest in Chloe, but it did make for a sexy read about a likeable heroine.
Chloe spills her coffee down Kaito’s shirt the moment she meets him. He wants to see her again, but she hesitates because she has a boyfriend. Kaito warns her that he’s not taking no for an answer and promises that she hasn’t seen the last of him. She is wistful about this hunky Japanese male, but heads home to Ethan who hasn’t touched her in months and barely looks at her.
A second run in with Kaito has her giving in to temptation. They spend the night together and he is all that she could dream up in a guy, but the next morning she experiences remorse.
It was fast and hot, but it wasn’t plotless for all that. I enjoyed it with the exception of the cheating. Now that’s just one of my personal issues when it comes to a story and others might not mind. Would this prevent me from reading the next installment? No, because I have high hopes that she plans to come clean about stuff and settle things with Ethan one way or the other. Must say that I really liked the mysterious Kaito for her since he seemed to appreciate her.
Those who like quick and spicy hot contemporary reads should give this one a try.
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Blog All About It Challenge ~ February 2018 - February 18, 2018
- Review: Burning Up by Nalini Singh, Angela Knight, Virginia Kantra, Meljean Brook - February 16, 2018
- Review: The Color of Love by Sharon Sala - February 11, 2018
- Review: Relief Valve by J.L. Merrow - February 6, 2018
- Afternoon Delight: Stranded With the Cyborg by Cara Bristol - February 2, 2018