Published by Hellos Media
Released on December 3, 2013
Source: Free Book
I was in the mood for something, quick, flirty, and funny so I snatched up The Vampire Relationship Guide v. 1 to begin the serial story of average gal Josie who starts off just wanting to meet and maybe spend an evening with a vampire. How hard can it be since they’re out there in the open now, right?
This freebie ended up being exactly what I thought it was. It was an easy read that was mildly amusing. Josie has some snark in her and a ton of naivete, but there’s no harm in her. She can’t believe her luck when she catches the eye of a wealthy, debonair vampire, but also a scruffy, call it like he sees it one, too. One is the vamp of her dreams and the other she wants to shout ‘in your dreams’.
It was fun, but not real complicated. Josie has a little adventure and gets her eyes opened wide on the real vampire life and also learns quite a bit about herself at the same time. The story wraps up the main plot thread and ends things on a happy for now note that will carry it onto the next leg of Josie’s adventures.
This one isn’t meant to be taken seriously, but if someone’s looking for a quick and light paranormal to fill an hour or two, this freebie (which is still free) is a good bet.
Romance Roundabout #166 PNR
Mt. TBR #64
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Spotlight and Giveaway: Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven - September 17, 2018
- Review: Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven - September 17, 2018
- Sweet Delight: Last Ship Off Polaris-G by Carol Van Natta - September 16, 2018
- Afternoon Delight: Reluctant Protector by Nana Malone - September 15, 2018
- Blog All About It Challenge September 2018 - September 15, 2018