This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Genres: Erotic Romance, Rock Band Romance
Published by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Released on February 5, 2013
There is a lot of controversy about the order of this series. The author wrote them in order and they were published slightly out of order. So if looking around, sometimes this is labeled book #3 in the series, which is how the author intended. In reality it is book 4. So if you are wanting to read them how the author intended read them in this order: Backstage Pass, Rock Hard, Hot Ticket, Snared (Tentative Title, not released yet) and Double Time (which was published as book #3). Have I confused you yet? Just know if you read Double Time, you will be reading about characters who haven’t had their story told yet. On to this book review.
In Hot Ticket, we meet dominatrix Mistress V, who is an exotic dancer as well. While partying with the the band at Brian Sinclair’s bachelor party, Jace Seymour sees the beautiful dominatrix dancing. He’s in pain, but not the physical kind. The emotional kind that only physical pain can release from him. He hires Mistress V for the night and delights in the pain she can give him. He craves more and can’t stop coming back to her over and over.
Aggie, aka Mistress V, doesn’t really like men much. Her father never really knew about her and the men she has fallen for usually leave her. But she loves the power exchange dynamic that gives her a high watching a man kiss her boots. But Jace isn’t there for humiliation, only the pain that can help release the tension of his emotions he bottles up.
I was so looking forward to reading Jace’s book. He is the one character we see glimpses of in other books and he strikes me as a guy who could rock the socks off a woman, but also be the gentleman you don’t really see in most of the band members. We learn he has a hard past and doesn’t commit to women, but then again, doesn’t go around using them. He loves to give women pleasure, but when he uses his “toys” they usually get scared away. He is what I thought him to be, a gentleman who really needed the one woman to pull him from his shell.
Now on the flip side, Aggie wasn’t exactly my favorite heroine. It felt like she latched onto Jace and made him her boyfriend to get away from her mom. There is an accident where Jace gets hurt and suddenly she is on tour with them because Jace won’t stay home.
The love just seemed forced at the end instead of really feeling like they wanted to be together. When in bed, these two meshed very well. She gave him the pain he needed to get off and he gave her orgasms that spinned her world.
The drama continues between the band member and romances actually run parallel to other Sed and Jessica’s romance. And we get to see Jon again, the former bassist that was kicked out the band. He is a tool and I am glad he was kicked out. I don’t think I could have taken his story.
Love on a band bus…I will pass, but love in Aggie’s house seems to have been much, much more hot.
So now I am looking forward to reading Eric’s story. There was set up for Eric’s love interest to enter the story…and I only know that because I read Double Time which is actually the story after Eric’s. I need to get over the order problems of this series don’t I?
Who would I recommend this story too?
- Anyone who has read the Sinners On Tour Series. You get to see all the band members again as they work on the new album and on tour.
- Just because Jace is a hot bassist that everyone wants a part of. Sigh…rock band sex!
- If you like light BDSM, then this will rock your boat. Jace likes the pain, but Aggie likes the dominating man who only wants to give her pleasure in bed.
- There are some heart stopping moments of action. Jace may be the little guy, but he knows how to fight. He isn’t afraid to protect Aggie either.
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- I Dare You Throw Down Thriller Edition – Sophia’s Top Five Thriller ‘Kickbutt Heroines’ - January 24, 2019
- I Dare You Game of Clue Day 4 - January 24, 2019
- Review: Defiance by Cherise Sinclair - January 23, 2019
- Rules for the Thriller Heroine (so as not to receive the Too Stupid to Live award) - January 23, 2019
- I Dare You Game of Clue Day 3 - January 23, 2019