Week 11 of Delighted Reader’s Beach Reads for the Summer of 2013! Summer is winding down, but the books are getting grittier and steamier the further we venture in!
Can you imagine a better recommendation that something from Gena Showalter that heats up between the sheets and with visits to Hell? Ok, the Hell part isn’t so great, but send me to the sheets!
Gena Showalter is pretty much an auto-buy author for me. The Darkest Craving is 10th book in the Lords of the Underworld series. We are almost out of the original Lords, which is so sad. This was one of the first paranormal series I started reading, so it is dear to my heart.
The Darkest Craving is Kane’s (keeper of Disaster) story and we get introduced to the Fae. Oh, how I hate most of the Fae in this story except for Tink as Kane named her. The story gets hot, especially since it started in Hell and ended with them steaming up the sheets. You get to see all the other Lords, and for once I didn’t feel like a ping pong ball bouncing from one character to another. You get a lot of page time with the main two characters.
So I recommend you read this. While it is the 10th book, it can be read as a stand-alone if you don’t care about all the other world building, but it also might give you some problems. There are a lot of references you may not understand. The majority of the story takes place in the Fae world, which is new to everyone. So do yourself a favor and take this one on vacation!
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Relaxing on a beach with a good book? About That Kiss will heat up your summer day! - June 23, 2018
- Review: Cocky: A Reverse Harem Story by Ashlee Price - June 14, 2018
- Relaxing on a beach with a good book? Dearest Ivie will play havok with your emotions! - June 9, 2018
- Review: Must Love Babies by Lynnette Austin - June 3, 2018
- The Book Report May 2018 - May 31, 2018