Love your tunes? Get a song stuck in your head after reading a book or maybe during? Maybe you create playlists for your favorite books, characters or series just like the authors. Then this might be the challenge for you. This challenge is just a fun way to match music to books and share what you have with other readers. You as the reader control how big of a challenge you want to match your individual circumstances. It can be a commitment to ten reads and tunes a year or a hundred. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Level One – Hum Baby – 10 items/10 tunes
Level Two – Dancing Diva – 25 items/ 25 tunes
Level Three – Raging Rocker – 50 items/50 tunes
- Choose level and share in your level of choice initial post and/or below in the comments.
- Make initial challenge post and then update once a month. Leave blog links or update in comment section for our monthly reading challenge post. Tracking may be as simple or as elaborate as you wish to make it (music with books in running tally or just updating with new additions from that month).
- Start on or after January 1 and no later than November 1, 2015. End before or on December 31, 2015.
- Qualifying books must be published (ARCs may be included),
Be romance or have strong romance element.
No restriction on sub-genre (Dystopian, Historical, Contemporary, LGBT, etc), reading level (YA, NA, or Adult), format (paper, e-book, audio), source (purchased, gifted or borrowed) or length of book.
May be a re-read as long as it is started after Jan. 1st.
Books can count toward other reading challenges.
Qualifying songs may be from any era and any style with or without lyrics so long as it is published.
- Please give proper credit by listing book by full title and author and song by full title and musician.
- Reader must have an on-line place to track challenge whether it is on a blog or whether it is creating a specified ‘Tunes N’ Reads’ Challenge shelf at a place like GoodReads or Shelfari so other readers will be able to see what you are reading for encouragement to you, recommendations or discussion purposes. Having a review and rating for each book completed would be great, but not required.
- Reader may choose a lower level to start and advance to an upper level if needed.
- For song to count, it can be a direct correlation of title or main phrase that matches book, but it can also be a less direct correlation of song theme to book theme too. If you have the space in the post or comments section of our monthly post, feel free to share lyric phrases and book quotes etc that resonated with you. This is not meant to be the challenging part. 😉
- Song can just be listed with book or a link to audio/video of song attached to posting.
- Most of all just have fun and encourage each other on in reading and chatting about books and music.
I would like to encourage you to consider combining your participation in the Tunes N’ Reads Challenge with a fun weekly meme, Tuesday Jams, by Ana and Sharonda at Brazen Babe Reviews http://brazenbabereviews.blogspot.com/
Pick one of your Tunes N’ Reads Challenge books and make a review post with tune included to link to Tuesday Jams each week or even once a month. It’s a fun way to share as you go, but also to make some strong inter-blog friendly connections as you visit others through the link-ups and fill those blog post slots.[inlinkz_linkup id=569632 mode=0]
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- To Be or Not To Be… Read February 2019 - February 23, 2019
- Review: Blow Me Away by Christina Hovland - February 22, 2019
- Review: Alien Mischief by Cara Bristol - February 18, 2019
- Review: The Magnolia Inn by Carolyn Brown #TGPUL2019 - February 17, 2019
- Blog All About It January 2019 - February 16, 2019