Welcome to the second week of Cutting the Budget for 2014. Hanging in there with me? After last week there were a few questions so let’s add a few details and then get to business.
- $40.00 a month spending limit on bound & ebooks
- $22.95/month for 2 Audible Credits (Currently have 4 unused)
- Taxes are included in book prices
- Weekly report on what was spent
- Use includes coupon, code, or subscription services
- Budget includes ebooks, bound books, and audio books
- Books received as gifts, won or bought with a gift card can be included but they cost you nothing since you didn’t actually spend your own money on them. So keep using them and keeping your budget healthy!
Four days into the New Year and how am I doing? Let’s take a look…
|Book and Author||Source||Price + Tax||Budget Left|
|Need You Tonight by Roni Loren||NetGalley||$0.00||$33.78|
|Inside Out by Lauren Dane||Amazon||$6.41 ($5.99 + $.42)||$27.37|
|Theirs to Cherish by Shayla Black||NetGalley||$0.00||$27.37|
|What a Woman Wants by Judi Fennell||NetGalley||$0.00||$27.37|
|Striking Distance by Pamela Clare||Audible Credit||$0.00||$27.37|
|City of Bones by Cassandra Clare||Audio Books Credit||$0.00||$27.37|
left for January 2014
So here is my first tip of 2014! eReaderIQ.com
eReaderIQ.com is a site that looks at your wishlist and monitors when prices drop on your books. When the price drops, they send you an alert so you can hopefully get the best price on your books! That is how I learned about Inside Out, otherwise I wouldn’t have seen the price drop!
Also, this week it looks like some new releases had a pre-order price. Once the book came out, the price lowered and pre-orders didn’t get the lower price. So be careful, you might get suckered into paying a dollar or more for a book and waiting a few hours might save your pocketbook.
Week 2 of 2014
How are you doing on your book buying budget?
With almost half the month gone, are you staying on budget? I still have over half my budget but I have to thank NetGalley for saving me this week. I will sayI have wanted Inside Out by Lauren Dane for over two years. It was priced at $12.99 but recently came down to $5.99. I had to snap at the chance! I also used one of my four credits from Audible to get a book and I forgot I had two credits from Audiobooks.com still to use. So I got quite a bit for my money since I won some of these subscriptions.
Cutting the Budget with DelightedReader.com
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- I Dare You: Rules of Engagement with Paranormal Creatures - June 26, 2019
- Review: I Will Not Beg by Cherise Sinclair - June 25, 2019
- I Dare You: Shifted Sister - June 25, 2019
- Audiobook Review: Consumed by J.R. Ward - June 21, 2019
- Pre-order – A little chic fic to spice up my summer! - June 14, 2019