Dirty Little Secret is a weekly meme hosted by us at Under the Covers. Every Thursday we get to know other bloggers and our readers more intimately by asking them a question hoping to reveal their dirty little secrets. We hope that you will all join us!
“How do you go about reviewing 1 or 2 star books or books you didn’t enjoy?“
Very carefully. I try to find something good about the book and mention that first. Then I pull out the key points that gave me problems and give my reason for them. I don’t talk too much about the author as I don’t want them to feel I am bashing them. I also will tend not to write a review if I can’t find at least one thing good about it. It’s not easy to give a bad review. I rather read books that get more stars. But if an book insults my intelligence, I will point that out very quickly! It is best to be honest, but what doesn’t work for me may be something someone else will like.
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Review: Hot Mess by Jaine Diamond - November 14, 2019
- Spotlight: Sophia Sinclair - November 14, 2019
- Review: Seven Nights of Sin by Kendall Ryan - November 13, 2019
- Review: The Two Week Arrangement by Kendall Ryan - November 11, 2019
- Spotlight, Excerpt and Giveaway: The Outlaw’s Heart by Amy Sandas - November 7, 2019