Ever play the book tag game where someone asks you to match up a book with some crazy theme or other. Yeah…me, too, and I suck at it, but I still have a good ol’ time regardless. I thought it would be fun to do a holiday version.
Ten old favorite holiday songs and a little descriptor are posted below. You, my friends, will give a shout out in the comments section of books you’ve read that match up. I’ll do you a solid and say the book does not have to be holiday themed and can have been read at any time.
And just to make it worth your while, any commenter who leaves a list of all ten matching books can be entered in a giveaway for an ebook $5 or less through Amazon or US residents only can choose a mystery surprise pair of signed books.
And here we go…
- Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer– a book with a feisty/lively older lady as a character
- Winter Wonderland– a book with an outdoor winter-themed cover
- Silent Night– a book with a killer who ‘silences’ his/her victims
- Baby It’s Cold Outside- a book with a hot love scene
- Little Drummer Boy- a book with a rocker and kudos if he/she is a drummer
- Do You Hear What I Hear?– a book with a rumor, a gossipy character, or a lie
- White Christmas- a book with snow in it
- Twelve Days of Christmas– book with a crazy family get together
- Blue Christmas– a book that made you cry or at the very least really grabbed your emotions
- Away in a Manger– a book with a baby or small child in it
Here’s my list:
- The Sweetheart Rules by Shirley Jump- I give you three feisty old ladies.
- Winter Wolf by SP Wayne- a little word association brought this wintery one to mind.
- Closer Than You Think by Karen Rose- killer totally fooled them all
- Need You Tonight by Roni Loren- I squirmed and required cold liquid sustenance
- Softer Than Steel by Jessica Topper- sings, writes, and plays, but not a drummer.
- Hard Landing by Marliss Melton- gossipy neighbor causes some huge trouble.
- Bring Me Home for Christmas by Robyn Carr- whole book is set in a mountain town of snow.
- Sticks & Stones by Abigail Roux- there’s crazy and then there’s a family camping trip with the Gradys
- Thunder on the Plains by Rosanne Bittner- a two tissue story, at least.
- One Small Thing by Piper Vaughn- cute little baby left with her daddy.
Now let’s see what you got!
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Spotlight and Giveaway: Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven - September 17, 2018
- Review: Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven - September 17, 2018
- Sweet Delight: Last Ship Off Polaris-G by Carol Van Natta - September 16, 2018
- Afternoon Delight: Reluctant Protector by Nana Malone - September 15, 2018
- Blog All About It Challenge September 2018 - September 15, 2018