How keen of an observer are you? Good at finding important stuff? Or maybe not, but you just want to participate anyway? This challenge is just a fun way to see if you can find a list of items as you read no matter what romance style you pick up. The reader picks and chooses how many books and what list items they want to find. It can be a commitment to ten reads a year or a hundred. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Level One – Treasure Hunter in Training- 10 items/10 places
Level Two – Garage Sale Guru- 25 items/ 25 places
Level Three -Professional Picker- 50 items/50 places
- Choose level and share in your initial post and/or below in the comments.
- Make initial challenge post and then update once a month. Leave blog links or update in comment section for our monthly reading challenge post. Tracking may be as simple or as elaborate as you wish to make it (list objects with books in running tally or just updating with new additions from that month).
- Start on or after January 1 and no later than November 1, 2016 – End before or on December 31of 2016.
- Qualifying books must be published (ARCs may be included),
Be romance or have strong romance element.
No restriction on sub-genre (Dystopian, Historical, Contemporary, LGBT, etc), reading level (YA, NA, or Adult), format (paper, e-book, audio), source (purchased, gifted or borrowed) or length of book.
May be a re-read as long as it is started after Jan. 1st.
Must be listed by Title and Author. Place in a series or connection to series would be good to know too.
Books can count toward other reading challenges.
- Reader can count only one item per book even if book offers several items from the Scavenger Hunt list.
- Reader must have an on-line place to track for challenge whether it is on a blog or whether it is creating a specified ‘Literary Pickers’ Challenge shelf at a place like GoodReads or Shelfari as the point is for other readers be able to see what you are reading.Having a review and rating for each book completed would be great, but not required.
- Reader may choose a lower level to start and advance to an upper level if needed.
Scavenger Hunt participants must work off the specified list, but if you found an object that is in the same spirit of the one on the list you can count it. Most of all just have fun and encourage each other on in reading and chatting about books.
2016 Literary Pickers Challenge- Scavenger List
- Ceiling Fan
- House Plant
- Dead Bolt
- Grandfather Clock/Mantle Clock
- Window Blinds
- Table Cloth
- Nail Polish
- Hand/Purse Mirror
- Coffee Table
- Window Shutters
- Lawn Mower/Equipment
- Tile floor
- Hard Helmet
- Head Band
- Flip Flops
- Motorcycle boots
- Tattoo/Body Art
- Evening Gown/Dress
- Business Suit
- Cuff Links
- Space Suit
- Military Uniform
- Fisherman/Newsboy Cap
- Natty or Ugly Sweater
- Business Card/s
- Tool Belt/Box
- File Folder
- Work Gloves/Garden Gloves
- Cash Register
- Measuring Tape/Ruler
- Sports Equipment
- Silencer for a gun
- Lock Picks
- European Sports Car
- American Muscle Car
- Fighter Jet/Spacecraft
- Steam-Powered Vehicle
- Ice Skate/s
- Another planet
- Another Dimension/Parallel Earth
- Tropical Island
- Place of Archeological Interest
- War Zone
- Alien/Alien or Alien/Human
- With a Geek
- Male/Male or Female/Female
- Menage or Poly
- Love Triangle
- Arranged Marriage
- Fated Mate
- Fake Mates/Marriage of Convenience
- Reunion or Second Chance
- Blind Date/Dating Service
- Dominant/submissive or Master/slave
- One Night Stand
- Older/Younger (5 years or more age difference)
- Highschool Sweethearts/Young Love
- Apocalyptic/Dystopian Romance
- Romance before 1950
- Older Couple (over 50)/Winter Romance
- Enemies to Lovers
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: The Ones Who Got Away by Roni Loren - January 17, 2018
- Blog All About It Challenge ~ January 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Audio Review: Nightshades by Melissa F. Olson - January 14, 2018
- Review: Spring Forward by Catherine Anderson - January 10, 2018
- Review: Wet Heat by R.D. Hero - January 8, 2018