How keen of an observer are you? Good at finding important stuff? Or maybe not, but you just want to participate anyway? This challenge is just a fun way to see if you can find a list of items as you read no matter what romance style you pick up. The reader picks and chooses how many books and what list items they want to find. It can be a commitment to ten reads a year or a hundred. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Level One – Treasure Hunter in Training- 10 items/10 places
Level Two – Garage Sale Guru- 25 items/ 25 places
Level Three -Professional Picker- 50 items/50 places
- Choose level and share in your initial post and/or below in the comments.
- Make initial challenge post and then update once a month. Leave blog links or update in comment section for our monthly reading challenge post. Tracking may be as simple or as elaborate as you wish to make it (list objects with books in running tally or just updating with new additions from that month).
- Start on or after January 1 and no later than November 1, 2017 – End before or on December 31, 2017.
- Qualifying books must be published (ARCs may be included),
Be romance or have strong romance element.
No restriction on sub-genre (Dystopian, Historical, Contemporary, LGBT, etc), reading level (YA, NA, or Adult), format (paper, e-book, audio), source (purchased, gifted or borrowed) or length of book.
May be a re-read as long as it is started after Jan. 1st.
Must be listed by Title and Author. Place in a series or connection to series would be good to know too.
Books can count toward other reading challenges.
- Reader can count only one item per book even if book offers several items from the Scavenger Hunt list.
- Reader must have an on-line place to track for challenge whether it is on a blog or whether it is creating a specified ‘Literary Pickers’ Challenge shelf at a place like GoodReads or Shelfari as the point is for other readers be able to see what you are reading.Having a review and rating for each book completed would be great, but not required.
- Reader may choose a lower level to start and advance to an upper level if needed.
Scavenger Hunt participants must work off the specified list, but if you found an object that is in the same spirit of the one on the list you can count it. Most of all just have fun and encourage each other on in reading and chatting about books.
2017 Literary Pickers Challenge- Scavenger List
- Tea cup
- China Hutch/Closet/Sideboard
- Towel Rack
- Bath tub
- Can opener
- Dutch Oven/Cast Iron cookery
- Light Switch
- Electrical Plug
- Window Blinds
- Linen Closet
- Washing Machine/Washing board
- Garage Door/Carriage House Door/Stable Door
- Garden Hose
- Yard Gnome/Flamingo/outdoor home decoration
- Coffee Table
- Recliner/reclining chair
- Roof Tiles
- Shower Gel
- Mascara/Eye Liner
- Hair Clip/Hair Pin
- Aspirin/Pain Meds
- Vitamins or Supplements
- Curling Iron
- Nail file
- Charm bracelet or Locket
- Smart Phone
- Pack of gum/mints
- Signet Ring
- Kinky toy
- Another planet
- Ship at sea
- Snowy Landscape
- Inside a Cave/Underground
- In a skyscraper/tall building
- Fantasy World
- Automatic pistol/laser hand gun
- Tool belt/utility belt
- Kevlar Vest/Bullet Proof
- Hard Hat
- Screw Driver
- Lap Top Computer
- File Drawer/Cabinet
- Paper Clip
- European Sports Car
- American Muscle Car
- Fighter Jet/Spacecraft
- Steam-Powered Vehicle
- Ice Skate/s
- Another planet
- Another Dimension/Parallel Earth
- Tropical Island
- Place of Archeological Interest
- War Zone
- Fuzzy slippers
- Cowboy Hat
- Yoga Pants
- Space Suit
- Work Boots
- Leather gloves
- T-shirt with funny phrase
- Police Officer/Cop
- Construction/Handy (Wo)Man
- South American
- Scandinavian (Vikings count)
- Fruit Drink
- Home-made Bread
- Lobster/shell fish
- Popsicle/Frozen dessert
- Fated Mates
- Fake Mates/Marriage of Convenience
- Forced Marriage/Mating
- Threesome/Love Triangle
- Enemies to Lovers
- Secret Crushes/Childhood Sweethearts/Friends
- Class difference
- Instalove/Love at First Sight
- Love Across the Miles/On-Line Lovers/Blind Date
- Divorced/Separated and Reunited
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: The Art of Theft by Sherry Thomas - October 15, 2019
- Blog All About It October 2019 - October 14, 2019
- Delighted By the Series: The Beechwood Harbor Magic Mystery Series by Danielle Garrett - October 13, 2019
- Review: The Teacher’s Billionaire by Christina Tetreault - October 6, 2019
- Review: Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley - October 5, 2019