How keen of an observer are you? Good at finding important stuff? Or maybe not, but you just want to participate anyway? This challenge is just a fun way to see if you can find a list of items as you read no matter what romance style you pick up. The reader picks and chooses how many books and what list items they want to find. It can be a commitment to ten reads a year or a hundred. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Level One – Treasure Hunter in Training- 10 items/10 places
Level Two – Garage Sale Guru- 25 items/ 25 places
Level Three -Professional Picker- 50 items/50 places
- Choose level and share in your initial post and/or below in the comments.
- Make initial challenge post and then update once a month. Leave blog links or update in comment section for our monthly reading challenge post. Tracking may be as simple or as elaborate as you wish to make it (list objects with books in running tally or just updating with new additions from that month).
- Start on or after January 1 and no later than November 1, 2018 – End before or on December 31, 2018.
- Qualifying books must be published (ARCs may be included),
Be romance or have strong romance element.
No restriction on sub-genre (Dystopian, Historical, Contemporary, LGBT, etc), reading level (YA, NA, or Adult), format (paper, e-book, audio), source (purchased, gifted or borrowed) or length of book.
May be a re-read as long as it is started after Jan. 1st.
Must be listed by Title and Author. Place in a series or connection to series would be good to know too.
Books can count toward other reading challenges.
- Reader can count only one item per book even if book offers several items from the Scavenger Hunt list.
- Reader must have an on-line place to track for challenge whether it is on a blog or whether it is creating a specified ‘Literary Pickers’ Challenge shelf at a place like GoodReads or Shelfari as the point is for other readers be able to see what you are reading.Having a review and rating for each book completed would be great, but not required.
- Reader may choose a lower level to start and advance to an upper level if needed.
Scavenger Hunt participants must work off the specified list, but if you found an object that is in the same spirit of the one on the list you can count it. Most of all just have fun and encourage each other on in reading and chatting about books.
2018 Literary Pickers Challenge- Scavenger List
Literary Pickers Scavenger Hunt 2018
Around the House
- Patio Furniture
- Walk-In Closet
- Dust or Cobwebs
- Gaming System
- Grandmother’s China/any dishes past down
- Porch light
- Area Rug
- Pots and Pans
- Fruit Trees/Orchard
- Rocking Chair
- Bathroom Mirror
- Toy Chest/bin
- Mixing bowl
Around the World
- New Zealand
It Goes Zoom Zoom
- Navy Ship
- Roller blades/skateboard
- Riding Horse
- Shuttle/small space ship
- Classic Car
Elements to Factor
- Friends to lovers/Bestfriend
- Love at First Sight
- Arranged Marriage/Marriage of Convenience
- Threesome/Love Triangle
- Gender bender/Role Reversal
- Office Romance
- Enemies to Lovers
- Small Town
- Rocker Romance
- A Murder
- Secret baby/accidental baby
- Another dimension/fantasy world
- First time author/narrator
- On your TBR stack for more than a Year
- Volcano/Hot Spring
- Blizzard or Polar Region
- City streets
- Vegetarian/Vegan fare
- Campfire Cooking
- Saute it (veggie or meat)
- Fresh Catch (fish/seafood)
- Tortilla/flat bread
- Tropical Fruit
- Specialty Tea or Coffee
Tools of the Trade
- Fire hose
- Gas can/pump
- Scuba gear
- Laptop Computer
- Space suit
- Uniform Hammer
- High Heels
- Engagement Ring
- A number in the title
- Mostly Yellow
- No people
- A season in the title
- No face/hidden features
- Holiday theme
- A hat
- Just a guy
- Just a gal
- A paranormal or sci-fi element
Entries for Literary Pickers Challenge Sign Up 2018
|Powered by Gravity Forms Directory|
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Blog All About It Challenge ~ March 2018 - March 15, 2018
- Tides of Honour by Genevieve Graham #TGPUL - February 28, 2018
- The Book Report February 2018 - February 28, 2018
- The Great Pick Up Line – Quote Me On This! Blogger Edition - February 25, 2018
- The World’s Worst Boyfriend by Erika Kelly #TGPUL #Giveaway - February 24, 2018