How keen of an observer are you? Good at finding important stuff? Or maybe not, but you just want to participate anyway? This challenge is just a fun way to see if you can find a list of items as you read no matter what romance style you pick up. The reader picks and chooses how many books and what list items they want to find. It can be a commitment to ten reads a year or a hundred. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Level One – Treasure Hunter in Training- 10 items/10 places
Level Two – Garage Sale Guru- 25 items/ 25 places
Level Three -Professional Picker- 50 items/50 places
- Choose level and share in your initial post and/or below in the comments.
- Make initial challenge post and then update once a month. Leave blog links or update in comment section for our monthly reading challenge post. Tracking may be as simple or as elaborate as you wish to make it (list objects with books in running tally or just updating with new additions from that month).
- Start on or after January 1 and no later than November 1, 2019 – End before or on December 31, 2019.
- Qualifying books must be published (ARCs may be included),
Be romance or have strong romance element.
No restriction on sub-genre (Dystopian, Historical, Contemporary, LGBT, etc), reading level (YA, NA, or Adult), format (paper, e-book, audio), source (purchased, gifted or borrowed) or length of book.
May be a re-read as long as it is started after Jan. 1st.
Must be listed by Title and Author. Place in a series or connection to series would be good to know too.
Books can count toward other reading challenges.
- Reader can count only one item per book even if book offers several items from the Scavenger Hunt list.
- Reader must have an on-line place to track for challenge whether it is on a blog or whether it is creating a specified ‘Literary Pickers’ Challenge shelf at a place like GoodReads or Shelfari as the point is for other readers be able to see what you are reading.Having a review and rating for each book completed would be great, but not required.
- Reader may choose a lower level to start and advance to an upper level if needed.
Scavenger Hunt participants must work off the specified list, but if you found an object that is in the same spirit of the one on the list you can count it. Most of all just have fun and encourage each other on in reading and chatting about books.
2019 Literary Pickers Challenge- Scavenger List
Literary Pickers Scavenger Hunt 2019
Around the House
- Coffee Table
- Throw Rug/Blanket
- Pet toys
- Phone or device charger
- Turn-style record player/stereo
- Photo Album
- China Hutch/cabinet
- Built in pool
- Doorbell/ knocker
- Headboard (bed)
- French doors/sliding glass door
- Flower pot/planter
- Chandelier/ Candelabra
- Tea tray/cart
- Home security/alarm
- Wine glass
- Remote control/clicker
Around the World
- South American Country
- South Seas Island
- African Country
It Goes Zoom Zoom
- Power boat
- Space cargo or transport ship
- Ski lift/ascending mountain cable car
- Steam Train
- Horse-drawn cart
- Navy ship
- Rope swing/zipline
- Brand new automobile
Elements to Factor
- Enemies to Lovers
- Threesome or Love Triangle
- Sweet Romance (no more than kisses)
- Dual or Multiple Narrators
- First Person Point of View
- End of the world/Disaster
- Road Trip/ Personal Journey
- Same Sex
- A hated trope (DNF’d book ok)
- Favorite trope
- Over a Year on Your TBR
- Borrowed/Loaned to you
- Graphics or Illustrations
- First time Author/Narrator
- Reunion/Second Chances
- Arranged or Forced Marriage
- Fake Mates
- Fated Mates/Instalove
- Known each other for years
- Couple 40 years old or older
- Alternate or fantasy world
- On another planet
- Big City
- Small Town
- French cuisine
- Indian cuisine
- Black coffee
- Bakery goods
- Apples or oranges
- Picnic food
- Frozen Dinner/MREs/Food from a space ship galley
- Four course (or more) meal
Tools of the Trade
- Lock picks
- White board/smart board
- Emergency vehicle siren or lights
- Diving suit/space suit
- Bullet-proof vest/tactical gear
- Sports pads/protective gear (any sport)
- Ball Gown
- Tux/frock coat
- Belt buckle
- Primarily yellow
- Weather term mentioned in the title
- One-word title
- No people
- Kiss or almost kiss
- Favorite Author gave the cover quote
Coming January 1, 2019 -along with a giveaway! Stay tuned for details!
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Spotlight & Excerpt: Bad Influence by Stefanie London #Giveaway - February 22, 2019
- The Nashville Bet by Shana Gray #TGPUL - February 21, 2019
- Spotlight & Excerpt: You Had Me At Jaguar by Terry Spear #Giveaway - February 20, 2019
- Review: All’s Fair in Love and Mastery by Sparrow Beckett - February 19, 2019
- Caid: Dakonian Alien Mail Order Brides by Cara Bristol #TGPUL2019 #Giveaway - February 18, 2019