Today I am going to go off a little on topic. My daughter Megan sometimes reviews on Delighted Reader as a YA. School has kind of gotten in the way of that, but she still at times tells me about good YA books even if I don’t read YA.
Since last year, she has been dancing competitively. No, this isn’t an episode of Dance Mom’s which is a disgrace to how parents really act. Her first year she danced in four different groups and did well, but she wanted to do more and explore her own style of dance which is to some harder and darker songs.
Her passion is ballet…pointe to be exact as I curl my toes in agony. Unfortunately pointe ballet doesn’t do real well at competitions. So this year she looked into doing a Contemporary/Lyrical routine. Something that included the complicated turns, rolls, jumps, and leaps she wanted to prove she could do.
She chose four songs for her dance instructor to choose from, but her favorite was “Her Name is Alice” from Shinedown. Luckily it was the one chosen. Since last September, Megan has put in so many hours perfecting this routine. At times wearing a knee brace, crying because of the bruises all over her legs, elbows feeling dislocated. All the pressure she felt was hers alone as I never expect her to do anything but her best.
So below is her song and some pictures of my little dancer!
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- One Summer Night by Caridad Pineiro #Excerpt #Giveaway - October 19, 2017
- SMP Holiday Romance Blitz - October 17, 2017
- Question of the Week: When do you give up on authors you once adored? - October 9, 2017
- The Kingmaker Chronicles Finale is coming soon! #Giveaway #Excerpt - October 8, 2017
- Question of the Week: Are 99 cent books a deal? - October 2, 2017