Are 99 cent books a deal?
Nope, in fact I think they have become annoying. For example, I got an email this morning with 27 books all just 99 cents a piece. Now this is supposed to make me run out to get a book cheap. It evokes the deal in all of us to get a lot for a little bit of cash. Stop! So I am supposed to run off and buy all of these 27 books for just the low price….and in the end I am out $26.73 plus tax to get these deals. Probably from authors I have never known. Authors who may be great, or not as good as they want. But it’s a deal right? But all I saw it do was empty my bank account some money and books grow in my TBR pile that is already huge. Then several months later I realize I haven’t read one of these books. Who’s the winner in this deal….it’s not me.
What do you think? Are you a fan of 99 cent books?
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time by Kylie Scott - August 13, 2018
- Yakkety Yak: Romance Reader Book Tag - August 12, 2018
- Review: Aced by K. Bromberg - August 10, 2018
- Review: Born of Darkness by Lara Adrian - August 8, 2018
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time Blog Tour #Excerpt - August 7, 2018