Are 99 cent books a deal?
Nope, in fact I think they have become annoying. For example, I got an email this morning with 27 books all just 99 cents a piece. Now this is supposed to make me run out to get a book cheap. It evokes the deal in all of us to get a lot for a little bit of cash. Stop! So I am supposed to run off and buy all of these 27 books for just the low price….and in the end I am out $26.73 plus tax to get these deals. Probably from authors I have never known. Authors who may be great, or not as good as they want. But it’s a deal right? But all I saw it do was empty my bank account some money and books grow in my TBR pile that is already huge. Then several months later I realize I haven’t read one of these books. Who’s the winner in this deal….it’s not me.
What do you think? Are you a fan of 99 cent books?
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- One Summer Night by Caridad Pineiro #Excerpt #Giveaway - October 19, 2017
- SMP Holiday Romance Blitz - October 17, 2017
- Question of the Week: When do you give up on authors you once adored? - October 9, 2017
- The Kingmaker Chronicles Finale is coming soon! #Giveaway #Excerpt - October 8, 2017
- Question of the Week: Are 99 cent books a deal? - October 2, 2017