When do you give up on authors you once adored?
When I started reading romance many, many years ago, I had authors I adored. Johanna Lindsey, Julie Garwood, Jude Deveraux and more recently J.R. Ward, Gena Showalter, Maya Banks. These were authors I auto-byed. Before my Kindle, I stalked bookstores for new releases, but as I have grown over these many many years, my tastes in authors has changed as well.
Julie Garwood made me love Scottish Highlander Historicals, while Johanna Lindsey made me love a family so much. So why did I stop loving their writing? Because it began to feel stale to me. There was no growth and the stories felt cloned.
And recently with authors like J.R. Ward, I felt the stories were getting to complex with 6 story lines, or the cloning of every alpha male in Maya Banks.
So taking a break is what I have had to do with authors I grew to love and then felt like we were growing apart. Will I go back? Only time will tell.
What do you think? Do you have an author you have loved
only to find yourself a little disappointed in their recent works?
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Blog All About It Challenge ~ March 2018 - March 15, 2018
- Tides of Honour by Genevieve Graham #TGPUL - February 28, 2018
- The Book Report February 2018 - February 28, 2018
- The Great Pick Up Line – Quote Me On This! Blogger Edition - February 25, 2018
- The World’s Worst Boyfriend by Erika Kelly #TGPUL #Giveaway - February 24, 2018