When do you give up on authors you once adored?
When I started reading romance many, many years ago, I had authors I adored. Johanna Lindsey, Julie Garwood, Jude Deveraux and more recently J.R. Ward, Gena Showalter, Maya Banks. These were authors I auto-byed. Before my Kindle, I stalked bookstores for new releases, but as I have grown over these many many years, my tastes in authors has changed as well.
Julie Garwood made me love Scottish Highlander Historicals, while Johanna Lindsey made me love a family so much. So why did I stop loving their writing? Because it began to feel stale to me. There was no growth and the stories felt cloned.
And recently with authors like J.R. Ward, I felt the stories were getting to complex with 6 story lines, or the cloning of every alpha male in Maya Banks.
So taking a break is what I have had to do with authors I grew to love and then felt like we were growing apart. Will I go back? Only time will tell.
What do you think? Do you have an author you have loved
only to find yourself a little disappointed in their recent works?
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- One Summer Night by Caridad Pineiro #Excerpt #Giveaway - October 19, 2017
- SMP Holiday Romance Blitz - October 17, 2017
- Question of the Week: When do you give up on authors you once adored? - October 9, 2017
- The Kingmaker Chronicles Finale is coming soon! #Giveaway #Excerpt - October 8, 2017
- Question of the Week: Are 99 cent books a deal? - October 2, 2017