Genres: Paranormal Romance, Holiday Romance
Published by Dell
Released on December 5, 2011
Feeling so lost and alone, Breedmate Danika MacConn braves a holiday party thrown in the Highlands. When her senses overhear a conversation about bloodsport she can’t help but eavesdrop. But when the same man who is setting up the horrific situation makes a pass for her, she can’t resist letting him know just how much she reviles him, smacking him in front of all the guests at the party. Unbeknownst to her is that he is the local crime boss and now she is in trouble. But there is an unexpected ally in the crime bosses society that she hasn’t seen in hundreds of years.
Brannoc is hiding a secret so deep that revenge has become his life. When he sees Danika for the first time in a long time, he is reminded of the love he felt for her years ago. Unfortunately, his revenge has become a living part of him and he can’t let it go, even for love.
When things heat up, it comes down to love. Will it win once again?
This series is a wonderful, gripping storyline. Danika lost her husband, Con, in a battle in the first book. It was so heartbreaking to read that novel, seeing her grieve and to know she is three months pregnant with his baby. You don’t think she will ever find love again, assuming a mating is a one time thing. I am so glad it isn’t and you get to see Danika find some happiness.
This is a quick novella, but it kept me satisfied as I wait for the next book in the series, Darker After Midnight, due out late January 2012.
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Spotlight & Excerpt: Bad Influence by Stefanie London #Giveaway - February 22, 2019
- The Nashville Bet by Shana Gray #TGPUL - February 21, 2019
- Spotlight & Excerpt: You Had Me At Jaguar by Terry Spear #Giveaway - February 20, 2019
- Review: All’s Fair in Love and Mastery by Sparrow Beckett - February 19, 2019
- Caid: Dakonian Alien Mail Order Brides by Cara Bristol #TGPUL2019 #Giveaway - February 18, 2019