Genres: Paranormal Romance
Published by Indie/Self Published
Released on December 3, 2015
Kodiak Point was a great blend of paranormal romance, light comedy, and suspense. I was all on board for this associated series with more of the same just shifters of the southern variety. Definitely ready for some fun on the bayou.
Croc’s Return opens with crocodile shifter, Caleb, returning to his home after many years away. He has some groveling to do all around since he cut off contact with everyone and stayed away for reasons he couldn’t ever explain. He’s barely holding it together and that’s before he learns he’s got a son and his teenage love and son are in grave danger.
This was no light and fluffy story, though yes, the bantering and wise cracks were pretty funny. Caleb and his brother take swipes at each other and also Caleb and his old high school nemesis, Wes. But the big blazing issue is with his first and only love, Remy. Caleb and Renny have a chance to repair what was broken between them. She’s hostile at first, but mostly afraid because she never got over him in spite of his apparent betrayal.
I enjoyed how the author balanced the action-suspense side of the story, the repairing relationships, and the sizzling passion. The shifter world of Bitten Point is another small town setting with a few characters introduced though much of the story focuses on Caleb.
I’m looking forward to more from the series and getting that mystery solved that was introduced in this one. And yep, more of Constantine’s killer chihuahua. What a hoot that dog was. I can easily recommend the series to paranormal romance fans.
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Epedition, Estimation, and Other Dangerous Pursuits by Lyn Gala - December 9, 2019
- Review: Forgotten Sea by Virginia Kantra - December 7, 2019
- Review: Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory - December 6, 2019
- Review: Longing For a Cowboy Christmas by Leigh Greenwood, Rosanne Bittner, Linda Broday, Margaret Brownley, Anna Schmidt, Amy Sandas - December 5, 2019
- Review: A Cowboy Like You by Donna Grant - December 4, 2019