Genres: M/M Romance, Sports Romance
Published by Intermix
Released on August 15, 2017
Sports Romance, Enemies to Lovers, and a New to Me Author I have been over the moon to read were motivation enough if I needed a kick start to pick this one up. Illegal Contact scored with me from page one.
From the opening pages of this book, I was in the moment and stayed right with this story so that I was at the end clicking for more pages that were not there. Gavin Brawley and Noah Monroe were antagonistic, then smoldering, and then red-hot sizzle.
Both were people with flaws, misconceptions, and hidden strengths that was fun to explore.
The pacing was spot on. I enjoyed the movement in the romantic growth of this pair of opposites from hostile to friendly to much more. Whew boy, yeah, they really got down and dirty when the moment arrived.
This is a sports romance, but the setting is away from the game and behind the scenes. It gives a taste that the football lover will savor while providing a character-driven romance that will captivate a more general audience.
I was left wanting more and anticipating more stories from this series. Thankfully, Simeon, a captivating side character in this one goes next.
In summary, its a great launch for a new series. I was well pleased for my first outing with the author. And, for M/M sports romance fans or for those who enjoy a character-driven opposites attract, this one’s for you.
My thanks to Penguin-Random House for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Romance Roundabout #148
LGBT New Release #109
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Epedition, Estimation, and Other Dangerous Pursuits by Lyn Gala - December 9, 2019
- Review: Forgotten Sea by Virginia Kantra - December 7, 2019
- Review: Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory - December 6, 2019
- Review: Longing For a Cowboy Christmas by Leigh Greenwood, Rosanne Bittner, Linda Broday, Margaret Brownley, Anna Schmidt, Amy Sandas - December 5, 2019
- Review: A Cowboy Like You by Donna Grant - December 4, 2019