This sassy short story packed a fun punch. It is the second one I’ve read by Lisa Scott and I just love what she can do with a short story format.
Jane is the consummate best friend of the beautiful vivacious girl. Jane’s got her own looks and sparkle going on, but she can’t see it and feels constantly eclipsed by her friend. While out together at a bar, Jane is doing her job helping to fend off unwanted guys from Miranda when she finds herself enjoying the time spent with the bartender, Brady. He’s fun and helps her and better yet, he doesn’t seem to want Miranda.
Brady sets out on a quest to show Jane that she’s got what it takes to get a guy by taking her bet that he can’t find someone nice who wants to date her. Jane takes that bet and starts out on this new venture with Brady. She could have told him that no guys would measure up because he was around, but she is afraid to find out for sure that he really is only being friendly.
As I said, this was a fun read. Jane is the narrator and it is obvious from the get-go to the reader that she isn’t catching onto the clues well when it comes to Brady. It was cute to discover that the flirtatious Miranda isn’t as shallow as she seems. I really enjoyed watching how Jane and Brady’s chemistry worked so well.
It was a fun, feel-good happy read that I recommend to someone to fill a nice little slot in their busy day.
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon - October 20, 2018
- Audio Review: Say You’re Sorry by Melinda Leigh - October 18, 2018
- Excerpt and Giveaway: Couldn’t Ask for Anything More by Kianna Alexander - October 16, 2018
- Review: Couldn’t Ask For More by Kianna Alexander - October 16, 2018
- Review: Going Down on One Knee by Christina Hovland - October 15, 2018