Published by Indie/Self Published
Released on September 21, 2015
She thinks she’s in love with his best friend when he is the man behind the powerful letters they exchange the whole time he is at sea. However, now Jasper Holland is come home. How will he ever get Gemma to love him after all the lies? Because the letters weren’t a lie…
Oh, the trouble we weave…
Jasper was an interesting character combining the lying and his propensity to misplaced loyalty. I so wanted to smack him for being an idiot and hurting the sweet, innocent woman he loves. Fortunately, I don’t have to because Miss Gemma was no wilted flower. This ginger beauty showed some fire and brought big, sexy Jasper to his knees and begging for her to forgive him.
They shared alternating narration and a strong mutual attraction even as Jasper’s lies and machinations come out. Gemma isn’t the staid maidenly type she appears.
I would have liked more development, but this was more quick, hot, and ready to serve now style. For that, it was just right.
This story was fast and on the shorter side and was a little different than I expected, but it’s perfect if you want a one-sitting read that offers a scorching hot historical romance.
My thanks to the author for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
Romance Roundabout #319 HR
Historical Romance #95
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Audio Review: Say You’re Sorry by Melinda Leigh - October 18, 2018
- Excerpt and Giveaway: Couldn’t Ask for Anything More by Kianna Alexander - October 16, 2018
- Review: Couldn’t Ask For More by Kianna Alexander - October 16, 2018
- Review: Going Down on One Knee by Christina Hovland - October 15, 2018
- Blog All About It Challenge October 2018 - October 14, 2018