Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
April was a busy month bringing in spring with a bang. Did everyone have a happy Easter?
Ready for school to be out for summer! My reading time has been so not around lately with the added homework being piled on the kids these last few weeks. Dance took a break for April, but it looks like my Mother’s Day will be spent at a dance competition. Not my idea of a great Mother’s Day, but oh, well.
Sophia looks to be gearing up for the release of her new story in the Darcy Monologues. Congratulations Sophia Rose!
Well, that’s about it. Just a quiet month moving at the speed of light.
What’s going on?
- Read: 9
- DNF: 2
- Reviewed: 8
- Reading Statistics: 6 Netgalley, 1 Kindle Unlimited, 2 Bought
- NetGalley percentage at 98%
Books of note:
Silver Silence is the reboot of the Psy-Changling series. I was expect time to jump and go onto the next generation, but we don’t move forward much, but instead get Silver Merchant’s story. She is the admin to Krycheck. This had me in tears at one point and if you can get me to cry, then it’s a good book.
- The Series That Never Ends – Lucky Harbor by Jill Shalvis – 9/12
- New To Me – 5/40
- Books ‘N Tunes – 11/30
- Literary Pickers – 12/35
- Bad Boys of Romance – 8/35
- Review Writing Challenge – 16/100
- Reading Challenge – 13/155
Sophia Rose’s Update
Well if this April’s showers are anything to go by, we ought to have a humdinger of a May flower explosion. And, incidentally, people around here lose all sense of humor when there are days on end of chilly rain. I got growled at for singing the Winnie the Pooh rain song and I was the one with the flat tire, go figure.
April was a busy month for me and one of the highlights was that an anthology I’m part of, The Darcy Monologues is out on blog tour and the pre-order campaign has begun. I was tickled pink to get my very own author interview and review post at Debbie’s The Reading Frenzy blog. Thank you, Debbie, for being the hostest with the mostest (no, spellcheck, I do not mean moistest). Did I ever mention in passing that my lucky editor won an all expenses paid trip for one week to London and a dinner with Henry Cavill??? Pretty fab, right?
So anyhoo… reading.
I signed up to participate in Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviews’ annual Clean Sweep ARC reading challenge for the month of May. My goal is an even dozen. There is still time to sign-up if you want to join in. Here’s the link: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/2017/04/may-clean-sweep-arc-challenge.html
Total Read for May: 33
Reading Breakdown: 6 NetGalleys (97%), 15 Author/Publisher Requests, 8 unsolicited ARCS (this felt good to get to this pile finally), 7 first in series, 5 last in series, 2 DNFs, 8 audios, 9 TBR pile, 10 new to me authors
My Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR: 56/75 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Read All the Books: 50 books
Austenesque Lovers: 14/20 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Blogger Shame: 14/30 books
Unconventional Bookviews & Books Movies Reviews Oh My’s New Release: 61/60 books Moving up levels
Hot Listens & Caffeinated Book Reviews’ Audio: 32/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Books N Tunes: 19/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Literary Pickers: 102/118 books
Delighted Reader’s Series: 14 books
Delighted Reader’s Bad Boys: 14/15 books
Addicted to Romances’ Oldie But a Goodie: 3/10 books
Simply Angela’s Outlander Series: 1/4 books
Under the Cover’s Romance Roundabout: 5/15 categories
So this was my April… how did your April go? Read a lot? Catch spring fever and couldn’t settle for a book or a mood? How are you doing on your challenges? Do Tell!
April 2017 Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about in the month of April.
- [1 Apr] The Highland Duke by Amy Jarecki ★★★★
- [2 Apr] Every Secret Thing by Susanna Kearsley ★★★★½
- [3 Apr] Hexed by Kevin Hearne ★★★★
- [4 Apr] All You Need by Lorelei James ★★★★½
- [5 Apr] Texas Homecoming by Leigh Greenwood ★★★★½
- [6 Apr] Restrained Under His Duty by Stacey Kennedy ★★★★
- [7 Apr] Home Fires by Kate Sherwood ★★★★½
- [8 Apr] Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [9 Apr] A Poisonous Journey by Malia Zaidi ★★★★
- [10 Apr] Alien Mate by Cara Bristol ★★★★
- [11 Apr] Twist by Kylie Scott ★★★★
- [12 Apr] Kept by Maya Banks ★★
- [13 Apr] The Chosen by J.R. Ward ★★★★
- [14 Apr] Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh ★★★★½
- [15 Apr] Just Drive by L.A. Witt ★★★½
- [16 Apr] Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries by Angie Fox ★★★★
- [17 Apr] The Sheikh's Bought Wife by Sharon Kendrick ★★
- [18 Apr] Veiled Menace by Deborah Blake ★★★½
- [19 Apr] Rockstar Daddy by Taryn Quinn ★★★★
- [20 Apr] Shade's Lady by Joanna Wylde ★★★★★
- [20 Apr] Razr by Larissa Ione ★★★★
- [21 Apr] Wild Embarace by Nalini Singh ★★★★½
- [21 Apr] Story of an Optimistic Broken Heart by Nicole Huggins ★★★★
- [23 Apr] Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs ★★★★
- [23 Apr] To Catch a Killer by Sheryl Scarborough ★★★★
- [24 Apr] Wedding Favors by Anne Tenino ★★★★
- [25 Apr] Midnight Target by Elle Kennedy ★★★
- [26 Apr] Drowning in Fire by Hanna Martine ★★★½
- [28 Apr] Falling in Love Again by Marilyn Forsyth
- [28 Apr] Wanted and Wired by
- [28 Apr] Island of the Red Mangroves by
- [28 Apr] A Fire in the Blood by Amanda Ashley
- [28 Apr] Murphy's Law by Lori Foster
- [28 Apr] Dragon Soldier by Mell Eight ★★★½
- [30 Apr] Northanger Abbey and The History of England by Jane Austen ★★★★★
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Blog All About It Challenge ~ March 2018 - March 15, 2018
- Tides of Honour by Genevieve Graham #TGPUL - February 28, 2018
- The Book Report February 2018 - February 28, 2018
- The Great Pick Up Line – Quote Me On This! Blogger Edition - February 25, 2018
- The World’s Worst Boyfriend by Erika Kelly #TGPUL #Giveaway - February 24, 2018