Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
Sophia Rose’s Update
The Monthly Report- December 2017
Hey, all! It’s been a while on the reporting. So much has been happening this fall and I know it’s been a busy go of it for most of us. Can’t say it’s all been good, but yet, I’ve had it pretty nice this year, all things considered. I was glancing back through my Resolutions sheet and was happy to see that though I didn’t hit all of them, I did amazingly well on my goals.
Along with sharing about my December reading, I’m going to skip talking about my reading challenges wrap-up since that is a separate post and instead wrap up my 2017 bookish resolutions.
But, reading numbers first.
December total as of the 17th: 29 books
Book Breakdown: 7 Netgalley (98%), 6 audio, 13 author/publisher requests, 13 from TBR pile, 1 DNF, 11 new to me authors, 9 new to me series, 7 holiday reads
Bookish Resolutions Update:
- Complete 90% of Reading Challenges COMPLETE Finished 17 out of 19 Challenges
- Bring Net Galley rating up to 97% COMPLETE at 98%
- Bring Review Backlist to under 10 review commitments COMPLETE 3 left from the original group and 3 that are now 4 months past release date.
- Read 100 books from TBR pile COMPLETE read 117 books
- Read 2 books about writing. I read one
- Read 4 spiritual books. I read two
- Read more non-fiction and general fiction. COMPLETE I read 32 books (11 were NF)
- Purchase less than $10 a month in books. I purchased $13 a month on average with half the months having no purchases.
- Increased walking and audio listening time. COMPLETE I averaged 5 days a week for 30 hour a day.
- Stop reading if I’m not loving it. COMPLETE I set aside 14 books this year (I also finished 4 I set aside last year and this year).
So how did you do this month? Good things happening? Making your challenges and reading resolutions? Do Tell!
December 2017 Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about in the month of December.
- [1 Dec] Collide by Melanie Stanford ★★★★½
- [3 Dec] Merry and Bright by Debbie Macomber ★★★★
- [5 Dec] Christmas in a Cowboy's Arms by Leigh Greenwood, Rosanne Bittner, Linda Broday, Margaret Brownley, Anna Schmidt ★★★★
- [6 Dec] Texas Bride by Leigh Greenwood ★★★½
- [7 Dec] Wolf Hunger by Paige Tyler ★★★★½
- [8 Dec] A Hope Divided by Alyssa Cole ★★★★½
- [9 Dec] To Marry a Texas Outlaw by Linda Broday ★★★★
- [10 Dec] Snowdrift and Other Stories by Georgette Heyer ★★★★
- [11 Dec] Embrace the Romance: Pets In Space 2 by S.E. Smith, M.K. Eidem, Susan Grant, Michelle Howard, Cara Bristol, Veronica Scott, Pauline Baird Jones, Laurie A. Greene, Sabine Priestley, Jessica E. Subject, Carol Van Natta, Alexis Glynn Latner ★★★★
- [12 Dec] Croc's Return by Eve Langlais ★★★★
- [14 Dec] The Power of a SEAL by Anne Elizabeth ★★★½
- [15 Dec] Freckles by Amy Lane ★★★★½
- [16 Dec] No Other Duke Will Do by Grace Burrowes ★★★½
- [17 Dec] The Ladies of Ivy Cottage by Julie Klassen ★★★★
- [17 Dec] Blood and Mistletoe by E.J. Stevens ★★★★
- [18 Dec] Pirate Nemesis by Carysa Locke ★★★★½
- [19 Dec] Insight by Santino Hassell ★★★★
- [20 Dec] Someone to Wed by Mary Balogh ★★★★½
- [22 Dec] Amid the Winter Snow by Grace Draven, Thea Harrison, Elizabeth Hunter ★★★★½
- [23 Dec] Elsker by S.T. Bende
- [24 Dec] The Knight's Scarred Maiden by Nicole Locke ★★★★
- [26 Dec] Crossing Quinn by Gail Koger ★★★★½
- [28 Dec] The Christmas Room by Catherine Anderson ★★★★½
- [30 Dec] Wilde Nights in Paradise by Tonya Burrows
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Sign Up! The Great Pick Up Line 2019! - December 10, 2018
- BookTrib Giveaway, 20 Different Harlequin Romances - December 9, 2018
- Pre-order – What have we bought now? - December 7, 2018
- Spotlight: Havoc by Kindle Alexander - December 5, 2018
- Literary Pickers Reading Challenge Sign Up 2019 - December 5, 2018