Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
February being over just means spring is around the corner and I couldn’t be happier. Be gone winter.
Slower than normal reading took place as we had our first dance competition. Oh, how I am ready for dance season to be over already. It seem to rule my life and I don’t dance. The time I spend sitting in the auditorium should spell out reading time, but it never does. So here’s to hoping March is a better month!
Reading, oh reading. I need to work more on my challenges!
I have read 10 books towards my yearly 2015 challenge. Well February put me a good three books behind on my yearly challenge. Sad. But I was happy to see I got at least 10 books read this month! Maybe it will be a sprint to the finish on who many books I get read this year!
Invalid challenge name.I have read a few, now I just need to write the reviews to get it logged!
Invalid challenge name.Still finding new music.
Invalid challenge name.All those weird things you can find!
Invalid challenge name.This has been so easy to do. I think I will reach my goal soon.
Invalid challenge name.Guess I need to step my game up and read some more.
Invalid challenge name.More reading and reviewing coming.
Invalid challenge name.We shall see this number grow…I promise!
Invalid challenge name.
Sophia Rose’s Update
Coldest February on record for us here in Southeast Michigan and I’m pretty sure we’re going to break some temperature records for March. I’m thankful for heat and the items I have that allow me to stay warm- fireplace, hot cocoa, cozy throws, toasty PJs… What are your coping items to ward off the chill? Anyone wear a knit hat inside? Haha! I did for one day when heat was off. We had to have our furnace fixed, but thankfully we have a repair plan through our provider. And is it a sign of age when your repairman looks like a cutie still in high school?
I had a few extra days to curl up with my books since they closed school due to sub-zero temps so I knocked out quite a few books this month.
Total: 49 books
Breakdown: 20 books from TBR pile, 19 Net Galley (86%), 13 Publisher/Tour Requests, 9 Author Requests, 19 first in series, 4 end of series, 21 New to Me Authors, 2 Audios
Things I Have Noticed:
- I read a lot of books with blue covers this month. Do you notice stuff like that?
- Tsu has some very funny people or should I say people who post funny things?
- I managed to line up four books with 500+ pages in a row for review (What was I thinking!?!) I need to pay better attention to this. And to release dates- since I managed to grab a dozen books all releasing on the same day.
- Shari was a sheer genius (or my chief torturer since I added several books to my wish list) to come up with The Great Pick-Up line
- Austenesque Lovers TBR- 10/20 books
- *Delighted Reader’s Literary Pickers- 90/50 books COMPLETED
- *Delighted Reader’s Books N Tunes- 20/10 books COMPLETED
- Herding Cats Burning Soup’s New to Me- 50/100 books
- Delighted Reader’s Series that Never Ends- 1/10 books
- My Reader’s Blocks’ Mt. TBR- 52/75 books
- Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Historical Romance- 25/60 books
- Under the Covers’ Romance Roundabout- 9/12 Categories 88 books
- Brazen Babes’ Interracial- 12/36 books
- The Book Nympho & Hot Listens’ Audio- 5/10 books
- *Passages to the Past’s Historical Fiction- 11/10 books COMPLETED
- Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust’s Cliché Klatch- 26/50 books
- Nelle’s Nightstand’s Curvy Girls- 5/10 books
*For those that are completed, I am moving on to higher level or will continue to add to the level I’m at if there is no higher level
Books That Stood Out
-Look Again by Marliss Melton RS- excellent narrator, David Brenin
-Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs UF- engaging storytelling in short story form
-A Minor Inconvenience by Sarah Granger M/M HR- beautiful balance between historical setting and the romance
–Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews UF- a delicious series I’m glad that it is long and I have so much more to read
–A Single Kiss by Grace Burrowes CR- kudos for crossing to new genre with élan
–The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen Insp-HR – Why did it take me so long to read her stuff? Strong writing, plot, character, and backdrop
-Becoming Rain by KA Tucker NA- Engrossing and intense, now auto-buy status
-Soulbound by Kristen Callihan H-PNR and Brash by Laura Wright CR- because, just because
To Be or Not To Be…Read TBR Pile Vote
Last month, you chose A Single Kiss by Grace Burrowes for me and as you can see it made my list of an outstanding book. It was a very emotional book for me and not an easy romance. Nice choice, guys!
This month, you all made this a really close race so that up until the last minute I really wasn’t sure which book I would be reading. Maybe it’s a hint that I need to manage to read both this time around. Haha! Well, I can certainly try. Okay, but for realsies The Two Gentlemen From Altona by Lisa Henry and JA Rock won. Several of you voted for the donut, buahaha! I will make a special note of what the donuts have to do with the story when I find out. 😉
February 2015 Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about in the month of February.
- [2 Feb] Quarterback Draw by Jaci Burton ★★★★
- [2 Feb] Lessons for Survivors by Charlie Cochrane ★★★★½
- [3 Feb] Rough Justice by Sarah Castille ★★★★
- [4 Feb] Rough Rider by Victoria Vane ★★★★
- [5 Feb] Dictatorship of the Dress by Jessica Topper ★★★★★
- [5 Feb] Give It All by Cara McKenna ★★★★½
- [6 Feb] Elisabeth Naughton by Elisabeth Naughton
- [7 Feb] Under His Guard by Rie Warren ★★★
- [8 Feb] Melodies by Pamela Srey ★★★★
- [9 Feb] Forbidden to Love the Duke by Jillian Hunter ★★★½
- [10 Feb] Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon ★★★★★
- [16 Feb] Grizzly Love by Eve Langlais ★★★★
- [17 Feb] Dreaming Spies by Laurie R. King ★★★★½
- [18 Feb] A Minor Inconvenience by Sarah Granger ★★★★★
- [19 Feb] Last Hit by Jen Frederick, Jessica Clare ★★★★
- [20 Feb] Ghost Killer by Robin D. Owens ★★★½
- [23 Feb] Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs ★★★★½
- [24 Feb] Wild Senses by Margaret Gaiottina ★★★½
- [24 Feb] Look Again by Marliss Melton ★★★★
- [25 Feb] Danger Close by Marliss Melton ★★★★
- [26 Feb] The Accidental Empress by Allison Pateki ★★★★
- [27 Feb] Daierwolves of Paris: Lou by Roxane Dambre ★★★★
- [28 Feb] His Wicked Seduction by Lauren Smith ★★★★
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Afternoon Delight: Razr by Larissa Ione - April 20, 2017
- Review: Shade’s Lady by Joanna Wylde - April 20, 2017
- Review: Rockstar Daddy by Taryn Quinn - April 19, 2017
- Review: The Sheikh’s Bought Wife by Sharon Kendrick - April 17, 2017
- Review: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh - April 14, 2017