Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
Happy New Year Everyone!
Whooosh! I can’t believe January is over. Where has the time flown?
2017 wasn’t a banner year for me, but I am starting off 2018 a lot better with reviewing and reading. I am also considering taking a job so things might slow down her a bit, but I will try to keep up the best I can.
So far so good on keeping healthy in the Jung household. Hubs went off to Germany with a cold starting but I got him some Zicam nose swabs and he swears they cut down the time he was sick to just one day. So we are keeping these around in this scary flu season.
February starts dance competitions for my household. Last weekend we kicked off the season with a dance convention and soon we will be competing. Weekends where I don’t have a minute to myself. I am trying very hard to enjoy this season because it is next to the last one for my oldest and my second child has expressed she is quitting after this season if the old coach doesn’t come back. I am not going to miss my weekends being spent in auditoriums, but I will miss seeing my girls dance. I want to appreciate every moment of this season.
Back to books…
My Reading Breakdown: 0 NetGalleys (95%), 0 author/publisher requests, 0 DNFs, 1 audios, 5 Kindle Unlimited, 5 purchased books.
The Series That Never Ends: 0/6
Bad Boys of Romance: 1/25
Literary Pickers: 3/25
Books ‘N Tunes: 2/25
Review Writing: 3/25
Reading Challenge: 12/135
Please note, I won’t be counting challenge numbers for books I don’t write a review for except for reading. This will force me to write more reviews!
We are gearing up for The Great Pick Up Line in the month of February. We made a few changes that I hope you like. There won’t be a pick up line for each day, but we have plenty to keep you going. Some with reviews, some from other bloggers and always some with authors who want you to read their books! So come back tomorrow for the official kick off of The Great Pick Up Line 2018.
Sophia Rose’s Update
Happy New Year, all!
My year started off nice and slow. I had time to pull it together after the holidays and I managed to get through the nasty flu season so far with just a cold and ear infection. Wishing you well those who are truly suffering. I actually got my holiday decorations down and some good cleaning and organizing days so I feel pretty good. I managed to color one page in the coloring book I got for Christmas. Let’s just say I am no artist, but I do love doing it so that’s a win. But hey, we’re here to talk books and how this last month of reading went, right? So let’s get to that.
My January reading total was 47 books. Yes, whistle appreciatively, but full disclosure, there were a ton of novellas in this group. I am on a mission to clean off my Kindle and Adobe Libraries (and the physical shelves, too, while I’m at it). I actually deleted about 50 freebies that, upon reflection, I knew I would never read- what possessed me… no, I know what did. I saw free. LOL! It only twinged a little to delete those books- I really wasn’t going to read them.
My Reading Breakdown: 9 NetGalleys (97%), 19 author/publisher requests, 2 DNFs, 8 audios, 24 off my shelves, 20 new to me authors, 12 new series, 2 end of series.
My Reading Challenge Updates:
Unconventional Books’ New Release: 10/100 books
Berls, Michelle, and Stormi’s COYER Winter Switch: 42/30 books COMPLETE (this challenge began last December)
Delighted Reader’s Series: 1/12 books
Simply Angela’s Outlander: 0/2 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Read All the Books: 0/14 books
My Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR: 26/75 books
Austenesque Lovers TBR: 8/20 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Blogger Shame: 0/6 books
Delighted Reader’s Books N Tunes: 5/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Literary Pickers: 39/50 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Blog All About It: 1/12 posts
Hot Listens & Caffeinated Reader’s Audio: 8/50 books
As Told By Tina’s Let’s Read Indie: 20/41 books
Addicted to Romance’s Oldie But a Goodie: 2/10 books
Angela’s Guilty Pleasure’s Library Love: 3/12 books
Under the Cover’s Romance Roundabout: 1/15 categories
So there you have it. How was your January? Hectic or slow start? Do tell!
And, February’s going to be quite exciting for our The Great Pick Up Line Event this year. Shari’s been hard at to have the posts ready. We have lots of guests lined up to make you swoon, laugh, clutch your heart, or reach for a cold one. Hope to see you drop by often.
January 2018 Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about in the month of January.
- [2 Jan] Heart On Fire by Amanda Bouchet ★★★½
- [4 Jan] Promise Not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz ★★★★½
- [6 Jan] Blood Fury by J.R. Ward ★★★★★
- [7 Jan] Dragon Blood by Eileen Wilks ★★★★
- [8 Jan] Wet Heat by R.D. Hero ★★★½
- [9 Jan] The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter ★★★½
- [10 Jan] Spring Forward by Catherine Anderson ★★★★
- [11 Jan] Drantos by Laurann Dohner ★★
- [14 Jan] Nightshades by Melissa F. Olson ★★★★
- [17 Jan] The Ones Who Got Away by Roni Loren ★★★★½
- [19 Jan] Storm Crossed by Dani Harper ★★★★
- [20 Jan] Naked In Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [21 Jan] Switchback by Melissa F. Olson ★★★★
- [22 Jan] Down by Contact by Santino Hassell ★★★★
- [24 Jan] Coming Together by Leigh White ★★★½
- [26 Jan] Keep Her Safe by K.A. Tucker ★★★★½
- [27 Jan] The Mating by Nicky Charles ★★★½
- [28 Jan] Across A Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund ★★★★
- [29 Jan] The White Pavilion by Ruth Fox ★★★★½
- [29 Jan] Blaze Erupting by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★
- [30 Jan] Breton Wolfe by Victoria Vane ★★★★
- [30 Jan] Ivar the Red by Victoria Vane ★★★★½
- [31 Jan] Out of the Blue by Jill Shalvis ★★★
- [31 Jan] The Bastard of Brittany by Victoria Vane ★★★½
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Blog All About It Challenge December 2018 - December 15, 2018
- Sign Up! The Great Pick Up Line 2019! - December 10, 2018
- BookTrib Giveaway, 20 Different Harlequin Romances - December 9, 2018
- Pre-order – What have we bought now? - December 7, 2018
- Spotlight: Havoc by Kindle Alexander - December 5, 2018