Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
June didn’t pick up for me, unfortunately. My Mom sold her house and closed at the beginning of the month. It became crunch time to find her a new house as she has to be out of hers by July 30. To say this has been stressful is an understatement. Lots of time crying (her not me), packing, making offers, then backing out of those offers. To say she was being extremely picky was mild. Three offers ended over mold or roofing issues. 5 or so offers were not accepted. And this week we finally found a home we hope to close on in a week or so. July isn’t looking hopeful at this moment because the actual move will take place. It won’t go smoothly even though I hope it will.
So I didn’t get around to reading much. I don’t have much to report actually. I did got to RAGT in Cincinnati. It was the highlight of my month! Read all about it.
What’s going on?
- Read: 3
- DNF: 1
- Reviewed: 0
- Reading Statistics: 0 Netgalley, 1 Kindle Unlimited, 2 Bought
- NetGalley percentage at 98%
Sophia Rose’s Update
Summer is here! Well sort of. It’s been so busy in that way of not noticing the dates on the callendar. No huge things just a lot of little nothings as I take care of my garden, get a few cleaning/organizing projects done, and prepare to be away for a while.
Nearly time for my annual trek to the wilderness and then onward to time with the folks in Utah. This is also the time when I unplug a bit and get recharged for the last part of the year. What I’m saying is that I will be somewhat scarce through mid-July to mid-August. But like MacArthur, I shall return.
I hope to spend time in the writer cave so I’m ready for an early fall deadline, but also appreciate some great books from the library and my overcrowded shelves.
Speaking of books… My June reading total is: 39
Reading Breakdown: 11 Net Galley (97%), 7 audio, 20 author/publisher requests, 2 DNFs, 14 TBR pile, 10 new to me authors, 11 new to me series, 1 end of series
My Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR- 85/75 books COMPLETE, Moving to next level
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Read All the Books- 57 books and stories by Nalini Singh
Austenesque Lovers’ – 25/49 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Blogger Shame- 31/30 books COMPLETE
Unconventional Bookviews & Books Movies Reviews Oh My’s New Release- 91/100 books
Hot Listens & Caffeinated Book Reviews’ Audio- 42/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Books N Tunes 28/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Literary Pickers- 117/117 books COMPLETE
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Sassy Reader Instagram- 19/25 pictures
Delighted Reader’s Series- 18 Psy-Changling books and novellas and shorts COMPLETE
Addicted to Romance’s Oldies But Goodies- 4/10 books
Simply Angela’s Outlander- 2/4 books
Under the Covers’ Romance Roundabout- 10/15 categories
COYER Summer 9/45 books
It’s mid-year and I’ve enjoyed working toward the challenges and doing the TBR pile vote to push me toward some great books and at least get the ‘meh’ books off the shelves. How are you feeling about your reading for the year? Still a lot to conquer or are you just about on track? Try anything new in your reading this year so far? And, as this was audiobook month, were you able to listen to any good books/podcasts, etc? Do tell!
June 2017 Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about in the month of June.
- [1 Jun] The Deep of the Sound by Amy Lane ★★★★★
- [2 Jun] Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh ★★★★
- [4 Jun] Dragon Adventure by Mell Eight ★★★½
- [5 Jun] A Touch of Frost by Jo Goodman ★★★½
- [6 Jun] Winning Dr. Wentworth by Rebecca Heflin ★★★½
- [6 Jun] Talen by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★
- [7 Jun] Wolf Hunt by Paige Tyler ★★★★
- [8 Jun] Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle ★★★★
- [9 Jun] New Leaf by Catherine Anderson ★★★★
- [11 Jun] Sweet Home Cowboy by Marin Thomas ★★★½
- [14 Jun] Back to You by Chris Scully ★★★★½
- [16 Jun] Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen ★★★★½
- [19 Jun] Breeder by Cara Bristol ★★★★
- [25 Jun] On the Edge by Ilona Andrews ★★★★
- [25 Jun] Dragon Home by Mell Eight ★★★½
- [27 Jun] Silver Silence by Nalini Singh ★★★★½
- [28 Jun] The Legend by Donna Grant ★★★½
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Blog All About It Challenge December 2018 - December 15, 2018
- Sign Up! The Great Pick Up Line 2019! - December 10, 2018
- BookTrib Giveaway, 20 Different Harlequin Romances - December 9, 2018
- Pre-order – What have we bought now? - December 7, 2018
- Spotlight: Havoc by Kindle Alexander - December 5, 2018