Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
Vacation ended up being great and no one needed to come home early for an emergency!
The week we got back, my son reminded me daily that we promised him a puppy for his birthday. We had a few stop and go moments, but ended up with an Australian Cattle dog. We named him Pluto and he really is larger that I wanted in a dog. This weekend he ate something he shouldn’t so we are watch to get it to pass. Oh, the joys of being a pet owner. Our older dog, Mason, seems to love having an other dog to play with, but tires easily.
Reading took a backseat to vacation, dog hunting, work and my kids being home from school. It doesn’t seem there are enough hours in the day for it all then add in the new pup wakes us up around 2 am to go potty and I have been having a hard time going back to sleep. So that seems to be my reading time now.
So onto July we go and I hope to buckle down and get some reviews written!
My Reading Breakdown: 1 NetGalleys (95%), 0 author/publisher requests, 1 DNFs, 0 audios, 4 Kindle Unlimited, 5 purchased books.
The Series That Never Ends: 0/6 (0%)
Bad Boys of Romance: 7/25 (28%)
Literary Pickers: 12/25 (48%)
Books ‘N Tunes: 9/25 (36%)
Review Writing: 14/25 (56%)
Reading Challenge: 71/135 (53%)
Sophia Rose’s Update
Summer Greetings, all!
It’s been a summer of fits and starts around here. The cold-weather loving side of me is blissed out to still see temps in the 60s and 70s over the last week or so, but I do feel badly for the sun worshipers who love to get out and swelter and play in their pools, sprinklers, and cottages by the lake. We go back up to the 90s soon enough so I’ll just enjoy it while I can. Three grad parties down; 2 to go!
I’ve wrapped up work tasks including final edits on my story, part of the Rational Creatures anthology that releases in the Autumn. Woohoo! My garden has gotten lots of attention and I’ve persevered cleaning up and clearing out and it feels great. Just in time for my trip west to visit with family and do some camping in a couple weeks. Yep, I’ll be off the online grid for the last half of July and looking forward to it.
COYER Summer Challenge got its start on June 9th. It has already been a blast participating in the Facebook Group activities, visiting other COYER Challenger reviews, mini challenges, and checking those books off my TBR list. My goal was 20+ books and I’m at 22 at the time I’m typing this. Woohoo! And, looking forward to BINGO, Scavenger Hunts, themed challenges and more as the summer event continues.
So, books! My reading total was 35 this month.
Reading Breakdown: 9 Netgalley (98%), 12 author/publisher requests, 1 DNF, 6 audio, 17 TBR shelf, 2 library books, 13 new to me authors, 7 new series, 2 series finales
Unconventional Book Views’ New Release: 100+ books COMPLETED
Delighted Reader’s Series That Never Ends: 9/13 books for JD Robb’s In Death series
Simply Angela’s Outlander: ½ books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Read All the Books: 13 books left from Nalini Singh
M Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR: 87/100 books leveled up to Mt. Everest
Austenesque Lovers: 40/50 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Blogger Shame: 6/9 books
Delighted Reader’s Books N Tunes: 30/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Literary Picker’s: 99/100 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Blog All About It: 8/12 topics
Caffeinated Reader and Hot Listen’s Audio: 43/50 books
Angela’s Guilty Pleasures’ Library Love: 10/12 books
Under the Covers’ Romance Roundabout: 13/15 categories
Books That Stood Out:
Vampire’s Faith by Rebecca Zanetti, PNR, Great new season starter
Broken Promise by Tara Thomas, RS, Best for last of the series
Vengeance in Death by JD Robb, RS, Deep feels, Riveting murder case
All-American Cowboy by Dylann Crush, CR, Saddle up for a sensational first in series
Hope your early summer is treating you well! What’cha reading and how are you staying cool?
This Month’s Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about.
- [1 Jun] Riveted by Meljean Brook ★★★½
- [3 Jun] Must Love Babies by Lynnette Austin ★★½
- [4 Jun] Ceremony in Death by ★★★★
- [5 Jun] The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang ★★★★★
- [6 Jun] Outbreak by Melissa F. Olson ★★★½
- [7 Jun] Have You Seen Her? by Karen Rose ★★★★
- [8 Jun] Down the Rabbit Hole by J.D. Robb, Mary Blayne, Elaine Fox, Mary Kay McComas, Ruth Ryan Langan ★★★½
- [10 Jun] My Life As a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland ★★★★
- [11 Jun] Ocean Light by Nalini Singh ★★★★½
- [12 Jun] Ain't She a Peach by Molly Harper ★★★½
- [12 Jun] Ain’t She a Peach by Molly Harper ★★★½
- [13 Jun] More Than Words by Mia Sheridan ★★★★½
- [14 Jun] Cocky: A Reverse Harem Story by Ashlee Price ★
- [18 Jun] Death and the Redheaded Woman by Loretta Ross ★★★½
- [19 Jun] The One You Can't Forget by Roni Loren ★★★★½
- [20 Jun] Vampire's Faith by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★
- [21 Jun] Vengeance In Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★★
- [21 Jun] Midnight in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [22 Jun] Off the Ice by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn ★★★★
- [25 Jun] Holiday in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [25 Jun] Handle With Care by Josephine Myles ★★★½
- [26 Jun] Broken Promise by Tara Thomas ★★★★
- [28 Jun] All-American Cowboy by Dylann Crush ★★★★
- [29 Jun] Nudging Cupid by Kerri Williams ★★★
- [29 Jun] One Wilde Night by Jenn Stark ★★★½
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- You Have To Pack Finding Master Right by Sparrow Beckett For a Summer Read to Delight! - July 14, 2018
- Afternoon Delight: Second Chance Dom by Sparrow Beckett - July 13, 2018
- Review: To Have and To Master by Sparrow Beckett - July 11, 2018
- Review: Playing Hard to Master by Sparrow Beckett - July 10, 2018
- Review: Finding Master Right by Sparrow Beckett - July 9, 2018