Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
I promised you I would do better in March. I really thought Spring Break was my bitch, but guess what? It never became mine as I had to entertain my kids and get them clothes for summer, vacation, PE … and whatever else. So reading became a chore along with the dishes and I never got to do either much and both piled up. Throw in my 19th wedding anniversary and two birthday’s in this house and I don’t think I slept much either.
So what did I actually get accomplished?
Add 8 more books to my yearly end go tapping me at 28 books for the year. Well March put me way behind on reading for my challenge. I don’t even want to look at how many books I am behind. So, beat me up. It’s not going to look pretty.
Invalid challenge name.I have actually read a few more, but haven’t written the reviews for them. I think I am up to 5.
Invalid challenge name.Easy peasy.
Invalid challenge name.Sophia has me looking for clues on this one!
Invalid challenge name.Found a few new things that surprised me.
Invalid challenge name.Taking a break from this genre for a bit.
Invalid challenge name.I think I need to up my challenge on this one.
Invalid challenge name.Grew, but not as much as I wanted.
Invalid challenge name.
Sophia Rose’s Update
In like a lion- oh yeah it was. Beware the Ides of March- most definitely. Wearing the Green- got it covered. March was one eventful month. I really went on a reading terror and knocked out 48 books.
Break down: 19 Netgalley (87%), 14 Author/Publisher Requests, 9 New Series, 6 End of Series, 27 from my own shelf (woohoo, finally making a good dent there)
Things Have I Noticed:
– One should not rely on reminder letters to know when to renew driver’s licence (b/c sometimes they don’t send you one and you drive around for two weeks without realizing it- true story that)
– Penguin Publishing team must have a mind-reader in their bunch. Rec’d 4 unsolicited ARCs this week that were on my wish list of future reads. And I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait and read the books I’m supposed to read first.
– I really can’t stand heroines with a spoiled princess complex (okay make that people in general, but lately it’s been fictional gal types).
– Some bloggers find the best quotes. Love shopping for future reads based on quotes.
Reading Challenge Updates:
- Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust’s Cliché Klatch- 55/50 COMPLETED
- Delighted Reader’s Books N Tunes – 25/50 Moved up to Level 3!!!
- Under the Cover’s Romance Roundabout- 10/12 Categories
- Herding Cats and Burning Soup’s New to Me- 63/100
- Nelle’s Nightstand’s Curvy Girls- 7/10
- Passages to the Past’s Historical Fiction- 14/25 Moved up to Level 3!!!
- The Book Nympho & Hot Listen’s Audio- 6/10
- Brazen Babes’ Interracial- 18/36
- Delighted Reader’s Literary Pickers- 109/50 COMPLETED
- Herding Cats and Burning Soup’s Historical Romance- 30/60
- My Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR- 72/75
- Delighted Reader’s Series- 9/10
- Austenesque Lovers TBR- 18/20
*** The Caffeinated Reader’s March TBR Readathon 8 books***
Books That Stood Out:
Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs UF- Great Romantic and Partnership Couple
Closer Than You Think by Karen Rose RS- promising new RS writer/series to stalk
Of Silk and Steam by Bec McMaster SP/PNR- best of worlds
The Two Gentlemen of Altona by Lisa Henry and JA Rock M/M RS – great opposites couple that makes me laugh
Where Darkness Lies by Bella Jewel CR- exciting scenes and great use of tone and tension
Total Surrender by Rebecca Zanetti RS – a series that just should NOT end
Return to Me by Kelly Moran CR- oh the feels!
To Be or Not to Be…Read
I have a confession to make. I actually read both of the vote books for March. I dutifully read the one that won first and loved it- thanks you all- and then later I had time so I picked up the other because it sounded good too. And it was also good so either way I would have had a winning read. We have a different pair to choose from for April so pick me another winner.
Any one else have a busy March? Any new to you authors that just blew you away this month? Do tell!
March 2015 Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about in the month of February.
- [1 Mar] The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen ★★★★½
- [2 Mar] Brash by Laura Wright ★★★★½
- [3 Mar] Unraveled by Lorelei James ★★★★
- [4 Mar] Becoming Rain by K.A. Tucker ★★★★★
- [4 Mar] Sand and Ruin and Gold by Alexis Hall ★★★★½
- [5 Mar] The Season Between: A Cape Cod Summer Romance by Anna Thorne ★★★★
- [6 Mar] Soulbound by Kristen Callihan ★★★★½
- [7 Mar] Anything But Mine by Taryn Elliott ★★★½
- [8 Mar] Aerendgast by Rachel Berman ★★★★
- [9 Mar] Daisies in the Canyon by Carolyn Brown ★★★★
- [9 Mar] Wild Horses by B.J. Daniels ★★★
- [10 Mar] A Single Kiss by Grace Burrowes ★★★★½
- [10 Mar] Tamed by Stacey Kennedy ★★★★★
- [11 Mar] What a Woman by Judi Fennell ★★★★
- [11 Mar] Tempted by Midnight by Lara Adrian ★★★★
- [12 Mar] Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs ★★★★½
- [12 Mar] A Demon and His Psycho by Eve Langlais ★★★★
- [13 Mar] Last Breath by Jessica Claire and Jen Frederick by Jen Frederick, Jessica Claire ★★★★½
- [13 Mar] The One You Want by Gena Showalter ★★★
- [14 Mar] Road to Redemption by Piper Davenport ★★★½
- [14 Mar] Night with a Seal by Cat Johnson ★★★½
- [15 Mar] First Time in Forever by Sarah Morgan ★★★½
- [16 Mar] Darker Than Desire by Shiloh Walker ★★★★½
- [17 Mar] The Farther I Fall by Lisa Nicholas ★★★★½
- [18 Mar] Real Vampires Live Large by Gerry Bartlett ★★★★
- [18 Mar] Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon ★★★½
- [19 Mar] HeartMates by Robin D. Owen ★★★½
- [20 Mar] Of Silk and Steam by Bec McMaster ★★★★½
- [21 Mar] A Curse Unbroken by Cecy Robson ★★★★½
- [22 Mar] The Darcy Brothers by Abigail Reynolds, Cassandra Grafton, Maria Grace, Monica Fairview, Susan Mason-Milks ★★★★
- [22 Mar] Riding Dirty by Jill Sorenson ★★★½
- [23 Mar] Closer Than You Think by Karen Rose ★★★★½
- [24 Mar] Taking Fire by Lindsay McKenna ★★★½
- [25 Mar] The Relationship Coach by Sylvia McDaniel ★★★★
- [25 Mar] Black Wolf’s Revenge by Tera Shanley ★★★½
- [26 Mar] The Other Side of Winter by G.B. Gordon ★★★★
- [28 Mar] The Second Lie by Anna Richland ★★★★
- [28 Mar] Tormented by Darkness by Claire Ashgrove ★★★★
- [29 Mar] Jane Austen’s First Love by Syrie James ★★★★½
- [30 Mar] Return to Me by Kelly Moran ★★★★½
- [31 Mar] Darkness Eternal by Alexandra Ivy ★★★½
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Afternoon Delight: Razr by Larissa Ione - April 20, 2017
- Review: Shade’s Lady by Joanna Wylde - April 20, 2017
- Review: Rockstar Daddy by Taryn Quinn - April 19, 2017
- Review: The Sheikh’s Bought Wife by Sharon Kendrick - April 17, 2017
- Review: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh - April 14, 2017