Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
March starts the birthday rollercoaster in my family, throw in a spring break at Disney, my 20th anniversary, Easter and everything else, I can say I am glad April is but a day away.
Disney World – we traveled with our dance company to Disney to dance at Disney Springs and to do workshops with some of the cast members. The picture to the left is my clogging kid who’s birthday is today. Happy birthday to my new teenager! The one on the right is my oldest who did 5 dances while we were there.
So this weekend we have another dance competition in the works. At least it is closer to home, but on a different time zone. Hoping to celebrate with some Kentucky BBQ (sorry we are Hoosiers, not Kentuckians). Five routines over the course of 2 days, with hours of sitting around awaiting awards or rushing to put on make up and braid hair!
The website has a new look and I hate it. Sorry for all the confusion. I jumped the gun after getting frustrated with the hosting provider, BlueHost. See there was a day where we were down for over 12 hours. No one could comment, I could’t get into it and every time I called, they said it was up after waiting on hold for over an hour. This happens cyclically so I knew it was something with the other sites on the shared server since I hadn’t made any changes in months. Top this off, I don’t get enough readers to make this a traffic issue.
Feeling irritated I did something I shouldn’t have and rushed in a new theme and logo really before it was ready. I am back tracking now trying to decide if I should go back to my old theme and just try to tweak the logo or just scrap it all and start over again.
Throw in that I switched hosting providers during this time. See I was fustrated several times so back in November, I got a deal on hosting, but kept hitting walls as I transferred the site. Well this weekend I yelled at a few people and guess what? We moved. This created a few more headaches, but hopefully those are taken care off.
So in summary, I am so sorry for all the problems, but please know I am trying hard to fix them hopefully by next week (unfortunately that may slip as I have several birthdays, competitions and family things that are going to pull me away).
Let’s get back to better things!
- Read in March: 7 books – 1 was DNF
- Read in 2016: 38 books (2 books ahead of my goal)
- Reviewed: 13 reviews
- Rocky Mountain Heat and Haven by Vivian Arend – Sad that Samhain is going out of business so I grabbed some books before they do. This series is grabbing me all the way with hot alpha men and women who aren’t going to bend for them.
- Rock Kiss Series by Nalini Singh – I can’t put these books down! I am all caught up and I love these sexy Schoolboy Choir guys!
- Reading Statistics: 6 TBR, 2 from NetGalley or Publisher, 1 DNF, 1 Kindle Unlimited
- NetGalley percentage at 84% – It slipped some as I request a few books. As soon as I get the reviews written it will go back up.
Bad Boys of Romance Challenge: 11/35
The Series That Never Ends Challenge: 1/12
Books 'N Tunes Challenge: 13/30
Literary Pickers Challenge: 14/35
Invalid challenge name.
Invalid challenge name.
Review Writing Challenge: 19/100
Sophia Rose’s Update
This has been a long month. And I was sick for half of it so it seems. Anyone else get that flu bug and infection that just would not leave? But that said. New neighbors seem nice. My spring flowers are starting to come up (stay away freezing rain and frost, I’m warning you). I’ll have to start my veggie seeds soon so the seedlings will be big enough to plant when Mother’s Day comes around (official planting day when it’s considered safe to plant in Michigan). Hope you had a splendid Easter!
I participated in Kimbery’s Caffeinated Reader Take Control of Your TBR Pile #TakeControlTBR for the month of March. I thought I could get ten books from the TBR pile done and still make my new release review commitments. Boy Howdy was I wrong. I hit 25 books and I still have several days to get more in. For whatever reason, I was motivated to grab books that have sat, in some cases, for well over two years. What an invigorating feeling to finally read them. And what a thought- some were fantastic and I’ve been missing out all this time. Thanks for putting the event together, Kimberly.
For the month of March, as I voiced earlier, I was singularly motivated to really cruise through some books. My Reading total is: 48
Reading Breakdown: Net Galley 17 (91%), Author/Publisher requests- 21, New to Me Author-19, New series-9, End of series-1, DNF-1, Audio-4, my TBR pile- 19, 4 re-reads
Austenesque Lovers TBR Pile- 14/21 books
Delighted Readers’ Books N’ Tunes- 14/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Series- 3/5 books
Addicted to Romance’s Oldies But Goodies- 8/10 books
Delighted Reader’s Literary Pickers- 96/99 books
My Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR- 56/75 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s New to Me- 52/75 books
Hot Listens & The Book Nympho’s Audio- 15/20 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Blogger Shame- 12/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Bad Boys- 15/15+ books COMPLETED I’ll keep going and aim for 50
Under the Covers’ Romance Roundabout- 10/12 Categories
Brazen Babe’s Diversity- 24/50 books
Books That Stood Out:
Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews, UF, for starting a new fantastic story ARC with vigor
Unforgiving by Christopher Kenworthy, W-HR, kudos for a Brit writing a fab western
Running With Scissors by LA Witt, M/M CR, a rocker romance with the feels and the vibe
Between Ghosts by Garrett Leigh, M/M CR, a military romance that kept me riveted
Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle, RS, up and coming author/series to keep your eye on
Stinger by Katya Harris, Sci-Fi R, first asexual romance was fantastic
Frat Boy and Toppy by Anne Tenino, NA M/M CR, writes a good college setting and situation
Trailer Trash by Marie Sexton, YA M/M CR, coming of age and finding self teen journey
Betrayed by Jaye Frances, ER, gripping erotic thriller
The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman, HR, best heartbreaking story, emotional
Blazing Earth by Terri Brisbin, FR, taking a gamble and breaking the mold to write a stunning climax scene
How was your March? Get any older books off your shelf read? Did you have a good Easter? Do Tell!
March 2016 Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about in the month of March.
- [1 Mar] Sinner's Creed by Kim Jones ★★★★★
- [1 Mar] Sinner's Creed by Kim Jones ★★★
- [2 Mar] Her Fierce Warrior by Paige Tyler ★★★★
- [3 Mar] Alone in the Dark by Karen Rose ★★★★★
- [3 Mar] Rock Addiction by Nalini Singh ★★★½
- [4 Mar] Wicked Little Sins by Holly Hood
- [4 Mar] Sacked by
- [4 Mar] Under the Hood by
- [4 Mar] Guarding His Obsession by Alexa Riley
- [4 Mar] Power Play by Sophia Henry
- [4 Mar] Ghost Talker by Robin D. Owens ★★★★
- [5 Mar] Bleeding Hearts by Ash Krafton ★★★★½
- [5 Mar] The Lessons by Elizabeth Brown ★★★
- [6 Mar] Forever Again by Shannon Stacey ★★★½
- [7 Mar] Fish Stick Fridays by Rhys Ford ★★★★½
- [7 Mar] Dragon Deception by Mell Eight ★★★★
- [8 Mar] Bash #1 by Candace Blevins ★★★★
- [8 Mar] Bash #2 by Candace Blevins ★★★
- [8 Mar] Bash #3 by Candace Blevins ★★★
- [9 Mar] He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker ★★★★
- [10 Mar] Rock Hard by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [11 Mar] The Shadow by Sylvain Reynard ★★★★
- [12 Mar] Last Chance Hero by Hope Ramsay ★★★½
- [13 Mar] The Painter’s Daughter by Julie Klassen #SweetDelight ★★★★
- [14 Mar] Let It Ride by L.C. Chase ★★★★½
- [14 Mar] Phoenix Reborn by J.D. Tyler ★★★★
- [15 Mar] Fight to the Finish by Jeanette Murray ★★★★
- [15 Mar] Beauty and the Bull Rider by Victoria Vane ★★★★
- [16 Mar] Between Ghosts by Garrett Leigh ★★★★½
- [17 Mar] Parts & Wreck by Mark Henry ★★★½
- [17 Mar] Unforgiving by Christopher Kenworthy ★★★★
- [18 Mar] Two Gentlemen of Altona by J.A. Rock, Lisa Henry ★★★★½
- [18 Mar] Rocky Mountain Heat by Vivian Arend ★★★★
- [19 Mar] The Big Brush-Off by Michael Murphy ★★★★½
- [21 Mar] Rocky Mountain Haven by Vivian Arend ★★★★
- [21 Mar] Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews ★★★★½
- [22 Mar] One Texas Cowboy Too Many by Carolyn Brown ★★★★
- [23 Mar] Trailer Trash by Marie Sexton ★★★★★
- [24 Mar] Darklove by Elle Jasper ★★★½
- [25 Mar] Dear Emma by Katie Heaney
- [25 Mar] A Covert Affair by Katie Reus ★★★½
- [26 Mar] Misconduct by Penelope Douglas ★★★★
- [27 Mar] Dead Girl Running by Ann Noser ★★★★½
- [28 Mar] The Water Thief by Jane Kindred ★★★★
- [29 Mar] Keir by Pippa Jay ★★★★½
- [30 Mar] Ahsan by Danielle Bourdon ★★★½
- [31 Mar] Frat Boy and Toppy by Anne Tenino ★★★★
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Blog All About It Challenge ~ March 2018 - March 15, 2018
- Tides of Honour by Genevieve Graham #TGPUL - February 28, 2018
- The Book Report February 2018 - February 28, 2018
- The Great Pick Up Line – Quote Me On This! Blogger Edition - February 25, 2018
- The World’s Worst Boyfriend by Erika Kelly #TGPUL #Giveaway - February 24, 2018