Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
May is my crazy month of birthdays, holidays, start of vacations, graduations, AP exams for the kids, finals for the kids and maybe even a dance competition. Well, this one didn’t let me down, but I also have to throw in that my laptop battery has decided it no longer wishes to survive. I noticed one day it wasn’t charging. Did tons of diagnostics and they say the batter is fine. I ordered a new charging cable thinking my old one wasn’t working. Nope that didn’t fix it. Randomly it will charge if I shut it down to keep it from losing battery percents, but that is very rare. So I sit here with 50% battery, hoping it can make it two more weeks until my new laptop gets here.
My Reading Breakdown: 9 read, 0 NetGalleys (95%), 0 author/publisher requests, 2 DNFs, 1 audios, 3 Kindle Unlimited, 6 purchased books.
The Series That Never Ends: 0/6
Bad Boys of Romance: 7/25
Literary Pickers: 12/25
Books ‘N Tunes: 9/25
Review Writing: 14/25
Reading Challenge: 12/135
*** I noticed last week that my Book Challenge plugin is not registering all of my reviews that I put in each category. So I am now keeping an offline version as back up.
Sophia Rose’s Update
It’s nearly Memorial Day weekend and I am planning to fire up the grill for the first time this year. We’ll watch our small town parade and then head over to spend our day off with family. Does anyone else have plans for the kick-off of summer (at least those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, LOL)?
I’m getting ready to start edits now so don’t be surprised if I disappear a bit on social media and struggle to make my blog visits for a time. Oh, and speaking of being away, just got my tickets to head out west for our annual family camping trip and visits with family. Can’t wait! I keep hearing that old Southwest Airlines jingle, “Need to get away?” My answer is yes, yes, I do. LOL
I signed up for the COYER Summer Bash Challenge that starts on June 9th and ends Aug 31st. My goal is to read 20 or more books in the time period and I really want most of them to be old freebies and cheapies off my Kindle and actual shelves. There are several mini-challenges within the main challenge this year and always the great interactive fun on their Facebook page. I’m going to participate in BINGO, Scavenger Hunt, and Short and Sweet.
Here’s the link if you want to check it out for yourself: http://coyerchallenge.com/2018/05/19/coyer-big-summer-birthday-bash-sign-up-now/
My May Reading Total: 48
Reading Challenge Updates:
Unconventional Book View’s New Release: 92/100 books
Delighted Reader’s Series that Never Ends: 6/12 books
Simply Angela’s Outlander: ½ books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Read All the books: 60 Nalini Singh books with 13 to go
My Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR: 73/75 books
Austenesque Lovers: 34/50 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Blogger Shame: 6 books COMPLETED No more overdue review books, but I will now add unsolicited review books for the remainder of the year.
Delighted Reader’s Books N Tunes: 25/50 books
Delighted Reader’s Literary Pickers: 98/100 books
Herding Cats Burning Soup’s Blog All About It: 6/12 topics
Caffeinated Reader and Hot Listen’s Audio: 38/50 books
Addicted to Romance’s Oldie But a Goodie: 10/10 books COMPLETED
Angela’s Guilty Pleasure’s Library Love: 8/12 books
Under the Cover’s Romance Roundabout: 12/15 categories
Books That Stood Out:
Dearest Ivie by JR Ward, PNR total sob fest
Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook, SPR, best adventurous couple
Lock Nut by JL Merrow, M/M RS, addicting and fun series
Fated by Carolyn McCray, HR, clever retelling for a historical villain
My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland, UF, for making love a story involving a zombie
How have you been doing on your own challenges? Are you doing COYER? What was your favorite May read? Do Tell!
This Month’s Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about.
- [1 May] Lion and the Falcon by Eve Langlais ★★★½
- [2 May] Rapture in Death by J.D. Robb ★★★★
- [3 May] Contraband Hearts by Alex Beecroft ★★★★½
- [4 May] Winter Igniting by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★
- [5 May] Someone to Care by Mary Balogh ★★★½
- [5 May] Dearest Ivie by J.R. Ward ★★★★½
- [6 May] Come From Away by Genevieve Graham ★★★★½
- [6 May] Save A Truck Ride a Redneck by Molly Harper ★★★½
- [7 May] Quinn by D.B. Reynolds ★★★★
- [8 May] Save Me by Cecy Robson ★★★★½
- [10 May] Beyond the Surface by Felice Stevens ★★★★
- [13 May] Shenanigans by Gail Koger ★★★★
- [14 May] Matchstick Men by Adira August ★★★★½
- [14 May] The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting and Mating by Evelyn Lafont ★★★
- [15 May] I Am Justice by Diana Muñoz Stewart ★★★★
- [16 May] Alien Attraction by Cara Bristol ★★★★
- [17 May] Claimed in Shadows by Lara Adrian ★★★½
- [18 May] Lock Nut by J.L. Merrow ★★★★
- [19 May] Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook ★★★★½
- [21 May] Fated: Torn Apart by History, Bound For Eternity by Carolyn McCray ★★★½
- [22 May] A.L.F.A. Mates by Milly Taiden ★★★
- [23 May] Out of Reach by Kendall Talbot ★★★★
- [25 May] Legally Charming by Lauren Smith ★★★½
- [26 May] Tethered by Meljean Brook ★★★★½
- [27 May] Goodness Gracious Gracie by Anya Wylde ★★★★
- [28 May] The Thief by J.R. Ward ★★★★
- [29 May] Laird of the Black Isle by Paula Quinn ★★★½
- [30 May] Cowboy Bold by Carolyn Brown ★★★½
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Relaxing on a beach with a good book? About That Kiss will heat up your summer day! - June 23, 2018
- Review: Cocky: A Reverse Harem Story by Ashlee Price - June 14, 2018
- Relaxing on a beach with a good book? Dearest Ivie will play havok with your emotions! - June 9, 2018
- Review: Must Love Babies by Lynnette Austin - June 3, 2018
- The Book Report May 2018 - May 31, 2018