Welcome to The Book Report where we run down everything that happened in the month and update you on challenges, giveaways, reviews and more!
Welcome to Autumn! I am so ready for cooler weather, warm cider and days wearing more than a t-shirt and shorts. It also brings about the end of the first quarter of school, well for my son at least. My daughters go my semesters. It’s official! My oldest is doing rotations in the medical field. This program at school allows her to work in different departments getting a feel to see if she want’s to continue what she has planned or maybe switch to something else. She had the PEDs in the hospital at this time and I can’t wait to hear more without hearing more since she can’t talk about it. Yep, I can’t ask about her day due to HIPAA laws.
We started some new features on the blog this month like what I am pre-ordering. I invited Sophia Rose to join me if she wants. Some weeks we will have a post and if we don’t have any pre-orders for the next week, we won’t post. We also started two recommendations features: Kindle Unlimited and Audible Romance Package. Both are monthly fee programs where you can “check out” books/audio books each month for a flat fee, but there are only certain books in the program. I know for Kindle Unlimited, I have been burned a lot on what I have gotten, so I wanted to start sharing the good books I do find from time to time. I just started the Audible Romance Package, but I already have noticed over 100 audio books I want to listen too! Hoping I don’t get burned on those!
Reading was fun, but also took a back seat to a lot of brainstorming on jump starting the blog with fun things to do. I also got a few reviews written and I am happy that I am sticking to writing them instead of going months without writing one. Doing good to staying up on my goal this year.
October starts the Blog Ahead movement from Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup. At this point I am going to keep it simple with 31 scheduled posts, but if I can get more, I will more than likely keep it going. The more the better, right?
What are you reading? Ready for the pumpkin spice craze? I have stayed away from it so far. But it is time for warm drinks and reading, so off we go to read!
My Reading Breakdown: 1 NetGalleys (95%), 1 Kindle Unlimited, 4 purchased books, 7 read total, 10 reviews written.
The Series That Never Ends: 3/6 – 50%
Bad Boys of Romance: 20/25 – 80%
Literary Pickers: 42/50 – 84%
Books ‘N Tunes: 32/25 – 128% – DONE
Review Writing: 46/50 – 92%
Reading Challenge: 106/135 – 79%
Sophia Rose’s Update
Happy Fall, Y’all! I’m typing this a few days after Autumn became official and can’t get over how swiftly we’re putting September in the books. We finally had that Yard Sale we’ve been building up to for a few months and it was quite the success. There was enough left over that we’re going to try to squeeze one more yard sale in soon- hey, the stuff is already priced and ready so it won’t be as much trouble. Each day on my walks, I note that there is a little more crispness in the air and less sweltering heat plus bonus, it was finally cool and less humid enough to get the windows open. The local fruits and veggies are most available at the moment and I’ve enjoyed using fresh in my cooking and baking this last week especially since our growing season here in southeast Michigan got a late start. Ah, yes, do I love fall!
September also began the blog tour on the Rational Creatures anthology I was published in so forgive me if I’m hit or miss out in bloggisphere and social media at times. It doesn’t release until Oct 15th, but I’m already excited to see the early reviews.
On to book news, I finished strong with COYER at the end of August meeting or exceeding all my goals and look forward to winter COYER. Right now, I’m anticipating my first spooky reading event because I’ve signed up for the Fraterfest Readathon over at Kimberly’s Caffeinated Reader blog. It’s Oct 11-16th. Here’s the sign up if you wish to check it out: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/2018/09/fraterfest-readathon-sign-up.html
For September, my reading was up and the total is: 39 books read
Reading Breakdown: 7 Netgalley (97%), 10 author/publishers, 6 Kindle Unlimited, 1 library, 5 audio, 16 TBR pile, 15 new to me authors, 16 new series, 1 DNF
Reading Challenge Update:
Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reader’s Audio: 63 books COMPLETED will push for 75
Austenesque Lovers’: 57/75 books
Delighted Reader’s Books N Tunes: 45/50 books
Angel’s Guilty Pleasure’s Library Love: 12/12 books COMPLETED leveling up
My Reader’s Block’s Mt. TBR: 104/150 books
Unconventional Bookworm’s New Release: 149/200 books
Addicted to Romance’s Oldie But a Goodie: 13/20 books
Simply Angela’s Outlander: 1 of 2 books
Under the Cover’s Romance Roundabout: 14/15 categories
Delighted Reader’s The Series that Never Ends: 10/12 books
How did you do for your Summer Reading Challenges? Doing any new challenges this fall? Read any fab books for September? Do tell!
This Month’s Reviews
Did you miss a review? No fear! Here’s what we wrote about.
- [2 Sep] Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann ★★★½
- [3 Sep] Infinite by Cecy Robson ★★★★½
- [4 Sep] Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren ★★★★½
- [5 Sep] One More Moment by Samantha Chase ★★★★
- [6 Sep] Butterface by Avery Flynn ★★★★
- [7 Sep] Penthouse Variations on Kink by Barbara Pizio ★★★★
- [8 Sep] Blackout by Dannika Dark ★★★★½
- [9 Sep] Saving Caroline by Susan Stoker ★★½
- [9 Sep] My Boyfriend's Back by Chrissy Olinger ★★★½
- [10 Sep] One Perfect Kiss by Jaci Burton ★★★
- [11 Sep] Intercepted by Alexa Martin ★★★★
- [12 Sep] Night Keepers by Jessica Andersen ★★★½
- [13 Sep] Intercepted by Alexa Martin ★★★★
- [14 Sep] Come Back to Me by Sharon Sala
- [15 Sep] Reluctant Protector by Nana Malone ★★★
- [16 Sep] Last Ship Off Polaris-G by Carol Van Natta ★★★★
- [17 Sep] Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven ★★★★★
- [18 Sep] Love Machine by Kendall Ryan ★★★★
- [19 Sep] Secret Sister by Emelle Gamble ★★★★
- [20 Sep] One Baby Daddy by Meghan Quinn ★★★½
- [20 Sep] The Baby Maker by Lili Valente
- [21 Sep] Desert Warrior by Nalini Singh ★★★
- [22 Sep] Swagger by Liz Lincoln ★★
- [23 Sep] Wee William's Woman by Suzan Tisdale ★★★★
- [24 Sep] Wild on My Mind by Laurel Kerr ★★★★½
- [25 Sep] Hidden by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★½
- [25 Sep] Hidden by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★
- [25 Sep] Hidden by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★
- [26 Sep] Ride Me Dirty by Vanessa Vale ★★★
- [27 Sep] How to Bang a Billionaire by Alexis Hall ★★★★
- [28 Sep] Strong by Kylie Scott ★★★★
- [29 Sep] Junkyard Druid by M.D. Massey ★★★★
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- I Dare You: Rules of Engagement with Paranormal Creatures - June 26, 2019
- Review: I Will Not Beg by Cherise Sinclair - June 25, 2019
- I Dare You: Shifted Sister - June 25, 2019
- Audiobook Review: Consumed by J.R. Ward - June 21, 2019
- Pre-order – A little chic fic to spice up my summer! - June 14, 2019