Hi! I’m Jodie Griffin, and I write contemporary romance and kinky erotic romance. I’m here to talk about my sixth published book, TWICE IN A LIFETIME, a contemporary female/female story with mature characters—and my first story for Riptide!
Going out on dates can be such an integral part of a growing relationship. It’s through those shared experiences that you learn more about your partner and they learn about you. What kinds of food do you like? Are you into adventurous outings, or do you prefer low-key activities? Early morning, or late night? Do they like your friends and family? Do you like theirs? All of that helps you decide if you’re compatible, and if the risk to your heart will be worth the reward.
But what happens if you can’t be seen dating, and you have to hide your relationship from the world? In TWICE IN A LIFETIME, Eve and Talia are boss and employee and they have that problem, so they don’t get to do a whole lot of out-and-about dating. It’s a strain on their burgeoning relationship but, hey…this is a romance, so we know they’ll wind up together at the end of the story. I don’t know about you, but that’s always a relief for me when I start a new book! (Reading, AND writing.)
Since Eve and Talia are limited in how they’re seen together outside the office, here are the top five things they’d do if they could—and can hopefully do some day!
- Breakfast out somewhere fun in their own city – a chance to be just like everyone else and not have to hide their relationship because of who might see them!
- A standing Sunday morning hiking date. Eve wants Talia to run with her—and Tal wants to run with Eve, but running? It’s been a long time—so she’s going to push Tal into a bit more exercise to work up to it…and this would give them time just for the two of them.
- A sunset hot air balloon ride. After the ride, a romantic dinner followed by dancing and….
- A weekend trip to the beach in the off-season. A rented house in a remote spot. A walk along the boardwalk, a day trip to see the wild ponies, and then a night in bed…NOT sleeping. With the deck doors open and the curtains blowing in the breeze, the ocean just outside…
- A visit to a very private Italian restaurant and bed and breakfast in Virginia. Maybe. Maybe not. If they can figure out who’s in charge…. (Readers of my Forbidden books will know which place I mean……….)
I’d like to thank Delighted Reader for letting me stop by, and I hope you take the chance to visit all of the other blog sites that are part of this tour.
About Twice in a Lifetime
When widow Talia Wasserman applies for a job with the local police department, she’s shocked to discover she’ll be working for Lieutenant Eve Poe, an officer she’d met—and been attracted to—during a long-ago citizen’s police academy workshop. Fifteen years later, the spark is still there, and no one’s currently in Talia’s life or in her bed. But there’s just one teeny, tiny problem. Eve is her boss, so she’s completely off-limits.
Eve feels a sizzling connection with Talia from the very first, but Talia works for her, and that’s just a bad idea. Besides, Eve needs to focus on the person sending disturbing emails to her office, and not on the woman who quickly makes herself invaluable to the department. It’s too bad her heart doesn’t agree with her.
Then Eve is badly injured in the line of duty, and Talia’s worst fears are realized. She may lose her chance at happiness with the woman she’s come to love, and she can’t survive that kind of loss twice in a lifetime.
About Jodie Griffin
Jodie Griffin didn’t always want to be a writer. She spent hours reading, but school papers were written one painful word at a time. Then a story idea came, demanding to be put on paper. After years of practice, she took the leap, submitted her first manuscript, and hasn’t looked back.
Jodie is also an avid photographer, a chocoholic, and a lover of bad puns. When she’s not writing, she’s likely out stalking the moon for that perfect shot.
Jodie’s own happily ever after includes one incredibly supportive husband and one future heroine. Visit Jodie at www.jodiegriffin.com.
Connect with Jodie:
To celebrate the release of Twice In a Lifetime, one lucky winner will receive a $25 Riptide credit! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on January 27, 2018. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Saving Grace by Katie Graykowski - November 22, 2019
- Review Reboot: Once Perfect by Cecy Robson - November 21, 2019
- Review Reboot: Straddling the Line by Jaci Burton - November 20, 2019
- Review: Verite’ by Rachel Blaufield - November 20, 2019
- Review: In Skate’s Trouble by Kate Meader - November 18, 2019