You see a blurb or a review and then you go on point like an old hunting dog. A word or phrase has just leaped out at you and now you have to have that book. The cover was neat, but not extraordinary, the genre’s alright and you like it, and the blurb may or not have done it for you until… they said the magic word/s.
So, let’s talk Buzz Words. What words just make me have to have the book? And, I’ll lay it out here for you- it can be in the title, the blurb, a cover quote, a review… does not matter.
Here is a Top Ten List of words or phrases that will have me one-clicking or bumping it up on
my wish list priority faster than lightning:
- Military Hero/heroine (make that any community service job)
- Single-dad or boyfriend and her kids
- Animal character stole the show
- Unputdownable or Page turner or I lost sleep for this one
- Twist I never saw coming
- Cowboy/Ranch/Small Town
Lordy, lordy, there are more, but we’ll leave it at that.
So, what are your buzz words? Do tell!
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Review: My Bestie’s Ex by Piper Rayne - February 25, 2020
- Spotlight: Sneak Peek into The Rich Boy by Kylie Scott - February 19, 2020
- Spotlight Cover Reveal: Rich Boy by Kylie Scott - February 5, 2020
- The Book Report January 2020 - January 31, 2020
- Review: Deliverance by Jane Henry - January 30, 2020