Something a little different for this discussion. We’re going to build a custom reading recommendation list. The list will be pretty specific and the idea comes courtesy of a fun comment discussion Debbie @ The Reading Frenzy and I had.
I will be starting this list with a few that I’ve read and can recommend and I would love for you, our readers, to add to the list through your comments. Add one; add a dozen! All are welcome.
So, what are we looking for with this book recommendation list?
Historical Romances in which the heroine is 30 years and older. That’s right! Share those titles in which the heroine is beyond her first blush of youth.
I’ve likely read more- in fact, I know I have, but here’s what I’ve got to get you started:
- Only Beloved by Mary Balogh*
- The Lure of the Moonflower by Lauren Willig*
- The Last Outlaw by Rosanne Bittner*
- The Duke of Olympia Meets His Match by Juliana Gray
- Autumn Duchess by Lucinda Grant*
- Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer
- The Admiral’s Penniless Bride by Carla Kelly
- Someone to Love AND Someone to Trust by Mary Balogh (out later this year)*
- Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt*
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
*Titles are from later in a series
And, for those looking for older heroines in other genres, I should point out that Kristen Ashley has a long list of over 30s in her backlist of heroines.
Now, it’s your turn! What have you got for book recommendations for heroines over 30. Historical Romances are the focus, but hey, toss in your other romance genre titles, too.
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Blow Me Away by Christina Hovland - February 22, 2019
- Review: Alien Mischief by Cara Bristol - February 18, 2019
- Review: The Magnolia Inn by Carolyn Brown #TGPUL2019 - February 17, 2019
- Blog All About It January 2019 - February 16, 2019
- Review: The Outlaw’s Mail Order Bride by Linda Broday - February 14, 2019