At the beginning of each year, I try to think of things I want to focus on in all aspects of my life. I have broad goals with specific actions toward those goals.
Now under these goals, I have actions that relate specifically to reading and books.
- Under ‘find ways to save’, don’t buy any more books until you finish what you’ve got, Sophia.
- Under ‘keep it simple’, don’t take more review commitments than you can handle.
- Under ‘simplify’, again, finish what you’ve got and give away what will not become a re-read.
- Under ‘get healthy’, listen to books while you walk. And yes, actually walk, Sophia.
So, the big question is, how am I doing on all that, right?
- We’ll start with the fail one. I do not walk more than once a week on a regular basis. There are occasions, yes, I get more in. Summer is here and I do better this time of the year so we will live in hope.
- Book buying, well there we have some happy news. I’ve bought a total of 16 books for $40 and most were low price audios I caught on sale back in January and haven’t bought a book in over two months. I really have stuck to what I already have on my shelves or received by freebie, gifts and giveaways. I have read/listened to 57 books from my own shelves since January.
- And that brings me to reviews. There are a few actions I wanted to take with reviews. I have to share this because I’m pretty jazzed that I’ve hit or nearly reached what I wanted to do here.
- – I wanted to get my Net Galley score up to 98% and maintain it. I have done that for nearly two months.
- I also wanted to catch up on all my older review books, including the unsolicited copies I decided that I would like to read. I have three left of those I actually committed to review and three that are unsolicited that I will finish in the next two months hopefully.
- I wanted to take less review books and read more from my own shelves and I have done that. Some weeks I am 50/50 balance on this. I truly believe that the balance I have found will give me reviewer longevity and enjoyment.
Credit where credit is do
One of the reasons I am tackling these bookish resolutions so well are book challenges. Thank you so much to those who put these together and host them. Blogger Shame, COYER, Clean Sweep & Take Back Control, Mt. TBR, Audio, Oldies But Goodies, Read All the Books, Series, Romance Roundabout, New Releases, and Outlander all made a significant contribution in my numbers. Gracias, gals!
Now, how are you doing? Book Budgets, Clearing Shelves, Finishing Reviews? Do tell!
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Blog All About It Challenge August 2018 - August 15, 2018
- Don’t forget to pack Shadow’s Bane by Karen Chance! A kick-ass heroine will save the day! - August 11, 2018
- Review: Shadow’s Bane by Karen Chance - August 9, 2018
- Young Delight: A Study in Charlotte by Brittney Cavallaro - August 5, 2018
- Review: Eternal by Cecy Robson - August 3, 2018