Francesca at Under the Covers book blog did this tag that Jen at Book Syrup vlog originally did. It looked apropos to the season and I haven’t done a book tag in two years so here we go…
1. Struggle to Get Started: A book series I am struggling to start
Let’s see… there are a fair few that I could list here, but I’m going with the Changling Series by Dani Harper. I got all-fired excited in the beginning and have the whole trio setting on my shelf, but now that it’s there, I dust it and let it set. Ugh
2. Cleaning Out the Closet: A book you want to unhaul
I’m going with Darkness Undone by Jessa Slade. I saw it at a book store when I was traveling and impulse bought it. Did I mention its book four in a series? I haven’t gone after the earlier books in three years so I should probably pass it along to a good home.
The last book I found refreshing was Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews. I was tickled to death about a sentient inter-galactic inn and the aliens the heroine encounters.
4. Washing Out the Sheets: A book with a scene I want a re-write
There are a few of these. Arrogant of me, right? Especially when I saw that my choice is the latest JR Ward BDB The Chosen. There were a few choices in this one that I was not fond of so yes, take two, please.5. Throwing Out Knick-Knacks: A series book that was unnecessary to a series
For this one, I tapped a follow-up story from a different character’s perspective. Loved the first book from the heroine’s perspective, but…flipping the story around to the hero’s POV? I ended up not liking the heroine and felt one should have left well enough alone in Breakable by Tammara Webber.
6. Polishing the Door Knob: A book/series with a clean finish
Not that I wanted the series to finish and I nearly wept with relief when a spin-off series was coming, but the Sins Brothers series by Rebecca Zanetti was a solid finish with the four brothers getting their HEA.
7. Reaching to Dust the Fan: A book that tried too hard
I went to my DNF pile for this one. This one was trying for funny, but it was just meanie characters to me in Stroked by Meghan Quinn.
8. Tiring But Satisfying Finish: A book series that tired me out emotionally but had a satisfying finish.
This is easy. Rosanne Bittner’s Outlaw series captivated me, but every single one of them has made me cry and left me wrung out emotionally in the end, but also oh so satisfied.
So that is the Spring Cleaning Tag. Thanks to Jen @ Book Syrup for putting it together. I enjoy reading others do tags and doing them now and again particularly if they have clever themes and book connections. Let me know if you spot a good one.
What books/series would make your Spring Cleaning Tag list and why? Do tell!
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Blog All About It Challenge December 2018 - December 15, 2018
- Sign Up! The Great Pick Up Line 2019! - December 10, 2018
- BookTrib Giveaway, 20 Different Harlequin Romances - December 9, 2018
- Pre-order – What have we bought now? - December 7, 2018
- Spotlight: Havoc by Kindle Alexander - December 5, 2018