Yakkety Yak started in 2013 as a way to start and have discussions. Unfortunately, time just got away from me, health problems ran through the family, I moved hosting providers and went through blogging blues. Yakkety Yak…well it went by the way side. Not all the ideas I have just the time to talk about them. That is ending now. I won’t say it will be a regularly scheduled event, because my life gets busy and some things take precedence. But I will make a better effort to try to do it bi-weekly at the very least. Without further ado, let’s get to today’s topic.
Top Five Reasons I Read Romance
- I have a romantic heart – I mean I weep for a good romance. Like Thor and Jane Foster…it is doomed from the start, but I pull for them to make it in the end. No, I haven’t seen Thor 2 so I don’t know of any spoilers to give you. I leave love notes for my husband on his coffee mug in the morning. I have written notes in the foggy mirror for him to see later. It’s not always grand gestures, but sometimes small ones that mean the most. And I want everyone to find their true love…and that is why I read romance.
- Libido – anyone who has kids knows that sometimes you lose your libido and while you love your spouse, at the end of the day you just don’t want to spend the time having sex. Now, I will admit right after my second child was born, I had no desire to get in that state again for a while. Romance books brought me back to being my natural self. TMI – oh, well, sometimes we just have to put it out there.
- Kick ass men and women – Ok, you will never see me holding a gun or wielding a sword. Just doesn’t happen in my world. But when your mate’s life is on the line and humanity is coming to an end, you just want someone you are not to take over and save everyone. Yeah, it’s not me, but I get to live vicariously through my hero and heroine in a Safe, Sane and Consensual environment.
- BDSM, D/s, Erotica – Another way to live outside of my comfort zone and enjoy what the h/h are doing without having to leave the comfort of my recliner. Tie ’em up, spank their bottoms and have sex in public. See if I care because once again I am comfy in my recliner, fully clothed and letting you take all the pain and embarrassment 🙂 I am sweet like that. Seriously, I love the psychological aspect of these books and just how far someone will go to get what they need. It is interesting … yeah, I said interesting with a straight face.
- Escape – Well, any book helps me escape, but a really good book that engages me to the point I don’t realize there is a world outside of the book is what I am seeking. Those books won’t let me put them down and for a while I get to escape the mom taxi, doctors appointments, cleaning house, my own issues, homework, you name it. I get to be the heroine in the book and I get the love of my life and we life happily ever after wielding swords, while tying each other up, and having a butt load of kids that never seem to have any problems in life. Yep, I want the unreal world to take me away…not Calgon.
What are the top five reasons you read romance?
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Highland Dragon Warrior by Isabel Cooper Spotlight #Giveaway - September 15, 2017
- THE LAST OUTLAW Excerpt #Giveaway - September 14, 2017
- Interview with Elizabeth Silver and Jenny Urban #Giveaway - September 12, 2017
- Building The Glamour Thieves - August 30, 2017
- To Be or Not to Be…Read TBR Pile Vote August 2017 - August 29, 2017