Monthly Book Subscriptions Boxes
For about a year I had a subscription to another book box that came once a month and gave money and books to under privileged areas. I liked it but wasn’t really excited each month when I got it because I never knew if the book would be something I would like or even if I knew the author. The other items in the box at times were cute, but never anything I couldn’t live without. The neat thing about this one is the books were annotated by the authors. So as you read the books, you also had purple sticky notes with the author telling you why they did this or the story behind the scene. Then abruptly it stopped. I didn’t get an email or anything saying they were no longer in business. So in late September I noticed I never got my box nor was I charged for it. They had gone out of business or something with no warning. At least they didn’t charge me for something and not send it.
Where did it go?
I wasn’t totally looking for anything to replace it, but I found myself missing it. I looked at several book subscription services and everything seemed to be lacking. I wasn’t so much into all the other items I get with the books, but the actual books themselves. Sometimes the stuff included were a distraction from the quality of books they were going to send you. So for a couple of weeks I kept looking around from time to time, but not very hard.
The Bookworm Box
Then I found one I wanted to try. The Bookwork Box. It’s run by a book store in Texas and they have a few different boxes they put together each month.
- The Romance Bookworm Box – 1 autographed book and 4-6 goodies
- The Romance Bookwork Box – 2 autographed books and 2-4 goodies
- Young Adult Bookworm Box – 1 autographed book and 4-6 goodies (good for ages 14+)
When I signed up I didn’t know which one to go with: did I want 1 book and more goodies or two books and less goodies? To try it out I started with 1 autographed book with 4-6 goodies. Then a few weeks later, I couldn’t resist and signed up the 2 autographed book box. And now I am considering signing up my daughter for the Young Adult Bookwoorm Box.
- The Bookworm Boxes are charged to your account on the 1st of the month.
- Around the 20th of the month, you get an email that your box has shipped.
- Now you just need to stalk the mailman…don’t you know stalking is a crime?
- A few days later you are pulling out a cute purple box from your mailbox and jumping up and down, excited to see what you got!
- Be sure to post pictures with the hashtag #TheBookwormBox – all profits go to charity
Charity – that’s what also grabs my heart about this box. All profits go to charity! I checked out their FB page and saw some of the donations they have made along with authors who have donated things for the boxes. So not only am I getting some great books and swag, I am helping someone, somewhere through this box!
That’s about it. I have received my first box and I have to say I was pretty happy with the books, so-so happy with swag, but hey, it all was so nice to get in a box to share! I will post my box opener later today. Hopefully I will have a better set up next month to do it via video, but for now, it will only be pictures!
What subscriptions boxes do you subscribe to?
What subscription boxes do you subscribe to and why? I am always on the look out for good ones, but have found the first box or two are great then it seems to get a little worse over time I want to know what you recommend!
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Review: Baby Daddy Wanted by Taryn Quinn - July 18, 2019
- Delighted Rebooted Review: Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh - July 15, 2019
- Delighted Rebooted Review: Club Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair - July 13, 2019
- The Bookworm Box Reveal – June 2019 (2 book box) - July 8, 2019
- The Bookworm Box Reveal – June 2019 - July 6, 2019