Ever just have a streak of good fortune as a Reader? You know what I mean, right?
You know your book reader mojo is strong when…
- You learn about a deal on Kindle Unlimited for the two or three months when you timed it to have the least amount of new releases, review ARCs, and other real life commitments.
- A secondary character in the book you just read and loved them so much becomes the next hero/heroine in the series.
- A book you want to read more than anything is up for review at Net Galley or Edelweiss and you get selected to review the ARC.
- And, let’s up the ante from #4 and say you wanted a finished copy so badly, but would settle for an ARC and the publisher/author mails it unsolicited to your doorstep.
- Something about a book you’ve never heard of catches your eye, you take a chance, and you’ve just read your new favorite book of the year- and it has friends, on the author’s backlist and they are abso-fab, too.
- You overbooked your review commitments because you needed all the books and a few turn out to be novella-length and you get some unexpected reading time.
- You made the decision to get the book in a specific format and it was a good call b/c it was a much better experience with or without the audio.
- A book you want to read soon goes on sale or free right when you’re thinking about it.
- You spot a review for a book you’re contemplating and the reviewer/s point out an element that would have absolutely ruined your reading experience so you can duck your own bad book/reader match up and skip it.
- You were gifted or won a gift card right when your book budget ran out.
Haha! Yes, these have all really happened to me. See? I’m blessed. Had any fab book reader mojo of your own? Do Tell!
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Sweet Young Delight Review: The Garden of God by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 12, 2021
- Young Sweet Delight Review: The Blue Lagoon by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 5, 2021
- Review: Uncharted by Tracey Garvis Graves - September 3, 2021
- Review: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh - September 2, 2021
- Review: Play of Passion by Nalini Singh - August 30, 2021