Genres: YA Fantasy Romance
Released on March 1, 2012
Source: Free Book
I love books that mash mythology with modern and I’ve had my eye on the Goddess Test series for a while. So, when this novella was available for free, I grabbed it up a few years back. Yeah.. took my time, but I got to it eventually, right?
So, the events of this novella take place after the first book. The heroine, Kate, is on a six-month holiday in Greece with James (aka Hermes) before she takes up her place next to Henry (aka Hades) on the god’s council.
They encounter Castor and Pollux and Kate finds herself squaring off against Walter (aka Zeus) and her own dear Henry to defend the twins’ right to be together. But, it gets complicated and she sees a whole new darker side to the benevolent gods she thought were on the council. They can make mistakes and they can get stubborn and prideful.
I enjoyed the further series development that was evident even to a newbie like me and I enjoyed the opportunity to get to know some of the main players. It’s definitely got a YA feel to it, but I think its a series I might like so I’ll definitely be going back to the beginning.
Romance Roundabout #68 YA
Literary Pickers #60 dust
Mt. TBR #37
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Epedition, Estimation, and Other Dangerous Pursuits by Lyn Gala - December 9, 2019
- Review: Forgotten Sea by Virginia Kantra - December 7, 2019
- Review: Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory - December 6, 2019
- Review: Longing For a Cowboy Christmas by Leigh Greenwood, Rosanne Bittner, Linda Broday, Margaret Brownley, Anna Schmidt, Amy Sandas - December 5, 2019
- Review: A Cowboy Like You by Donna Grant - December 4, 2019