How keen of an observer are you? Good at finding important stuff? Or maybe not, but you just want to participate anyway? This challenge is just a fun way to see if you can find a list of items as you read no matter what romance style you pick up. The reader picks and chooses how many books and what list items they want to find. It can be a commitment to ten reads a year or a hundred. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Level One – Treasure Hunter in Training- 10 items/10 places
Level Two – Garage Sale Guru- 25 items/ 25 places
Level Three -Professional Picker- 50 items/50 places
- Choose level and share in your initial post and/or below in the comments.
- Make initial challenge post and then update once a month. Leave blog links or update in comment section for our monthly reading challenge post. Tracking may be as simple or as elaborate as you wish to make it (list objects with books in running tally or just updating with new additions from that month).
- Start on or after January 1 and no later than December 20, 2020 – End before or on December 20, 2020.
- Qualifying books must be published (ARCs may be included),
Be romance or have strong romance element.
No restriction on sub-genre (Dystopian, Historical, Contemporary, LGBT, etc), reading level (YA, NA, or Adult), format (paper, e-book, audio), source (purchased, gifted or borrowed) or length of book.
May be a re-read as long as it is started after Jan. 1st.
Must be listed by Title and Author. Place in a series or connection to series would be good to know too.
Books can count toward other reading challenges.
- Reader can count only one item per book even if book offers several items from the Scavenger Hunt list.
- Reader must have an on-line place to track for challenge whether it is on a blog or whether it is creating a specified ‘Literary Pickers’ Challenge shelf at a place like GoodReads or Shelfari as the point is for other readers be able to see what you are reading.Having a review and rating for each book completed would be great, but not required.
- Reader may choose a lower level to start and advance to an upper level if needed.
Scavenger Hunt participants must work off the specified list, but if you found an object that is in the same spirit of the one on the list you can count it. Most of all just have fun and encourage each other on in reading and chatting about books.
2020 Literary Pickers Challenge- Scavenger List
Literary Pickers Scavenger Hunt List 2020
Around the House
- Game console
- Bed sheets
- Cord or cordless phone
- Musical instrument
- Portrait/picture on wall
- Kitchen chair
- Vegetable garden
- House key
- Security lighting
- Yard ornament
- Laundry basket
- Porch swing/rocking chair on porch
- Cooking pot
- Recycle bin/recycler on spaceship
Around the World
- Caribbean Island
- Middle Eastern Country
- Southeast Asia
- A location (not listed above) on your travel bucket list- can be a region, territory or state
It Goes Zoom Zoom
- Space cargo or transport ship
- Public Transportation
- Steam Train
- Horse Drawn Carriage
- Parachute/Personal flight equipment
- Electric car/monorail
Elements to Factor
- Enemies to Lovers
- Threesome or Love Triangle
- Sweet Romance (no more than kisses)
- Dual or Multiple Narrators
- First Person Point of View
- End of the world/Disaster
- Road Trip/ Personal Journey
- Same Sex
- A hated trope (DNF’d book ok)
- Favorite trope
- Over a Year on Your TBR
- Borrowed/Loaned to you
- Graphics or Illustrations
- First time Author/Narrator
- Reunion/Second Chances
- Arranged or Forced Marriage
- Fake Mates
- Fated Mates/Instalove
- Known each other for years
- Couple 40 years old or older
- Alternate or fantasy world
- Brother/Sister’s Bestfriend
- On another planet
- Big City
- Small Town
- Cooked/baked/prepped right in the scene
- Tropical Fruit
- Picnic food
- Frozen Dinner/MREs/Food from a space ship galley
- Burnt Food/Kitchen Disaster
Tools of the Trade
- Garden tool
- Lap top/tablet
- Tool box/kit/chest
- Sex Toy
- Firefighter gear
- Body Armor
- Tattoo (not on arm)
- Tux/frock coat
- Slippers/fuzzy socks
- Engagement Ring
- Primarily purple
- Five Words or More in Title
- People/person in shadow
- A couple with one of them looking away
- A proper name in the title
- Animal on cover
Want help spurring you onto your goal? Join our Challenges FB Group!
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Holiday Spotlight, Excerpt and Giveaway! Joy to the Wolves by Terry Spear - December 10, 2020
- The Book Report November 2020 - December 1, 2020
- Review: Tied by Carian Cole - October 22, 2020
- Spotlight: ALASKAN CHRISTMAS REDEMPTION by Belle Calhoune - October 15, 2020
- Spotlight & Giveaway: Touch of Evil by Cecy Robson - October 13, 2020