Genres: Erotic Romance, Sci-Fi Romance
Published by Indie/Self Published
Released on December 28, 2011
Source: Free Book
Locked in the lab as an enhanced human experiment, she now is free. But, to stay that way, she teams up with the world-weary war correspondent who is determined to get to the bottom of her geneticist brother’s secrets. Intense and action-packed right out of the gate. Did I mention sizzling hot, too?
Reluctant Protector introduces a world where people are given a cocktail of chemicals and turned into something more with enhanced strength, senses, and psychic gifts that the government wants for a super-soldier program. Only Cassie and Seth can get the other experiments away and stop her sadistic brother, Peter. In the meantime, attraction flairs up between them even while they are on the run for their lives.
As I said, this one was fast-paced right out of the gate. Its a little thin on plotting and transitions, but the adrenaline rush from the action and passion made up for it. I enjoyed cheering Cassie and Seth on whether it was their scorching encounters, attempts to protect each other, or teaming up to take down Peter’s minions. I will definitely be moving on to book two for more of this exciting Protectors’ world.
Let’s Read Indie #91
Mt. TBR #99
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman - October 27, 2021
- Sweet Young Delight Review: The Garden of God by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 12, 2021
- Young Sweet Delight Review: The Blue Lagoon by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 5, 2021
- Review: Uncharted by Tracey Garvis Graves - September 3, 2021
- Review: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh - September 2, 2021