Hollywood scandals, a curse, a murder, a bumbling impulsive yet lovable guy and a hard detective provided an entertaining read from start to finish.
Jem Mitchell was a character that had me smiling and laughing from the first line. He’s this guy who is impulsive, gutsy, witty, and stuff just happens to him. He screwed up his life as a teen, had a near death scare him straight, and now living the clean and wholesome live is going to kill him. I thought hottie Detective Nick Davies was a great foil for Jem. They are opposites, but the chemistry was there and they played up well in their fun and flirty and sometimes acrimonious exchanges.
The murder mystery was the big element that got things rolling and brought Jem and Nick closer together and it was not obvious to get the solution, but it was a fun part of the story, too.
This was my first time reading a book by the author and this was a first in a series. Sadly, its published by the now defunct Samhain so I’m not sure when or if the author will put this book/series up with another seller. I do recommend it for those who enjoy m/m romantic comedy suspense.
Romance Roundabout #125 LGBT
Mt. TBR #61
Books N Tunes #20 Pink’s Trouble
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Things We Didn’t Say by Amy Lynn Green - January 17, 2021
- Review: Running Away With the Bride by Sophia Singh Sasson - January 14, 2021
- Spotlight & Excerpt: Running Away With the Bride by Sophia Singh Sasson - January 14, 2021
- Review: Once Upon a Mail Order Bride by Linda Broday - January 13, 2021
- Audio Delight Review: Ghosts Just Wanna Have Fun by Danielle Garrett - January 12, 2021