Genres: Sci-Fi Romance
Published by NYLA
Released on September 20, 2018
I’m almost guaranteed a good time when this writing team puts out a book. I’ve had my eye on this series for a while so I was glad to pick up the first in this sci-fi series with a twist of psychic talent.
Silent Blade is a short novella that is set in the future when humans branch out into space and colonize away from the home world. In this setting, the ruling bodies are business clans (families) who have psychically and tech enhanced people who make them powerful.
Meli is a lethal assassin for her family and with the end of her last job she just want to be left alone, but now they are calling for one more job, Celino, the gift and successful money-maker from a rival family who at one time had been her fiance until he rejected her. It is do to him that she became a shunned woman. Revenge is going to taste good.
Silent Blade is a shorter piece that has the job of developing a new world, characters, and plot. I loved this new sci-fi world and the clan rivalry and genetic and tech talents offer a built in conflict. I don’t normally like revenge plots, but this one worked for me. I enjoyed both characters and getting their side of the story. I liked it enough that I wish this had been a longer piece so more time could have been spent on the relationship and a few summarized bits that would have loved in full scenes. Still, it was good stuff and I will definitely be coming back for more.
Mt. TBR #54
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Epedition, Estimation, and Other Dangerous Pursuits by Lyn Gala - December 9, 2019
- Review: Forgotten Sea by Virginia Kantra - December 7, 2019
- Review: Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory - December 6, 2019
- Review: Longing For a Cowboy Christmas by Leigh Greenwood, Rosanne Bittner, Linda Broday, Margaret Brownley, Anna Schmidt, Amy Sandas - December 5, 2019
- Review: A Cowboy Like You by Donna Grant - December 4, 2019