Genres: BDSM Romance, Contemporary Romance, M/M Romance
Published by Indie/Self Published
Thankful by Lissa Matthews is a short story continuing Thor and Bobby’s story over a visit home to Bobby’s parents over Thanksgiving. Bobby and Thor or out now in a committed D/s relationship, but still not living together. The story is told completely from Thor’s point of view, starting with a conversation between Thor and Bobby’s father. The father is unaccepting and while he doesn’t run Thor off, there is tension there. After their conversation, Thor and Bobby go for a walk in the woods to Bobby’s favorite spot. Needing to relieve tension, Thor starts a scene with Bobby. The two become emotional and express their feelings…mostly what they mean to each other on a day we all should be thankful.
The D/s is cathartic in that it relieves the stress they are both feeling, while also grounding them back to what they love about each other. There is not graphic sex between the two. One does receive pleasure, but it feels right. The point of the story wasn’t sex, it was being grateful for what we have found and hold onto it.
Latest posts by Shari (see all)
- Spotlight, Excerpt, and Giveaway: Jackson by LaQuette - February 25, 2021
- The Book Report January 2021 - January 31, 2021
- Holiday Spotlight, Excerpt and Giveaway! Joy to the Wolves by Terry Spear - December 10, 2020
- The Book Report November 2020 - December 1, 2020
- Review: Tied by Carian Cole - October 22, 2020