Published by Hellos Media
Released on December 3, 2013
Source: Free Book
I was in the mood for something, quick, flirty, and funny so I snatched up The Vampire Relationship Guide v. 1 to begin the serial story of average gal Josie who starts off just wanting to meet and maybe spend an evening with a vampire. How hard can it be since they’re out there in the open now, right?
This freebie ended up being exactly what I thought it was. It was an easy read that was mildly amusing. Josie has some snark in her and a ton of naivete, but there’s no harm in her. She can’t believe her luck when she catches the eye of a wealthy, debonair vampire, but also a scruffy, call it like he sees it one, too. One is the vamp of her dreams and the other she wants to shout ‘in your dreams’.
It was fun, but not real complicated. Josie has a little adventure and gets her eyes opened wide on the real vampire life and also learns quite a bit about herself at the same time. The story wraps up the main plot thread and ends things on a happy for now note that will carry it onto the next leg of Josie’s adventures.
This one isn’t meant to be taken seriously, but if someone’s looking for a quick and light paranormal to fill an hour or two, this freebie (which is still free) is a good bet.
Romance Roundabout #166 PNR
Mt. TBR #64
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Sweet Young Delight Review: The Garden of God by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 12, 2021
- Young Sweet Delight Review: The Blue Lagoon by Henry De Vere Stacpoole - September 5, 2021
- Review: Uncharted by Tracey Garvis Graves - September 3, 2021
- Review: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh - September 2, 2021
- Review: Play of Passion by Nalini Singh - August 30, 2021