Continuing with Because Readings Boo-calious blog event, Spooktacular, today the theme is ‘ghosts’.
In truth, I haven’t read that many ghostly books or series. It’s not that I don’t love the woo-woo and clank of chains, but I have a low tolerance for getting spooked out. I can read ghost stories, but they can’t be the real hair-raising sort.
Here’s one series that falls within my comfort zone: The Ghost Seer Series by Robin D. Owens
I was frustrated and amused in turn with this unlikely heroine who inherited the family’s rare gypsy magic that allowed her to see and communicate with ghosts with the help of her spirit familiar and her detective boyfriend.
See the blurb:
There’s just something about Clare. Apart from the ghosts…
When her eccentric aunt passes away, no-nonsense accountant Clare Cermak inherits more than just a small fortune. She receives the gift of communicating with ghosts. While Clare may not believe in spirits, it’s hard to overlook the shadowy talking dog appearing on her bed or spectral cowboys tipping their hats to her in the streets of Denver. And when she locks eyes with sexy—and living—Zach Slade, there’s certainly no ignoring him either.
A former deputy sheriff, Zach is leaving a painful past behind in Montana for a new life in Denver as a private investigator, a job that has him crossing paths with beautiful Clare. Not that she minds. After the restless ghost of a Wild West gunman demands her assistance, Clare finds herself needing Zach more and more—and not just for help.
Find the series:
Further ghostly recommends:
- Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries by Angie Fox
- Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mysteries by Danielle Garrett
- Frostbite by Stacey Kennedy
Books/Series That have been recommended to me:
- Ellie Jordan Ghost Trapper by JL Bryan
- Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher
- Downside Ghosts by Stacia Kane
Enjoy an easy peasy Halloween Craft courtesy of Happiness is Homemade blog:
Supplies for Coffee Filter Ghost Lollipops:
- Rounded Lollipops (we used Tootsie Pops, but Original Gourmet lollipops would be great, too.)
- Coffee Filters
- Small Rubber Bands
- Thin Ribbon or Baker’s Twine
- Black Sharpie Marker
How do you like your fictional ghosts? Not at all? Caspar sweet? Or poltergeist freaky?
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- Review: Things We Didn’t Say by Amy Lynn Green - January 17, 2021
- Review: Running Away With the Bride by Sophia Singh Sasson - January 14, 2021
- Spotlight & Excerpt: Running Away With the Bride by Sophia Singh Sasson - January 14, 2021
- Review: Once Upon a Mail Order Bride by Linda Broday - January 13, 2021
- Audio Delight Review: Ghosts Just Wanna Have Fun by Danielle Garrett - January 12, 2021