Because Reading is hosting this spooky event and the invitation went out for anyone to participate. It can be as simple or elaborate as the person wishes to make it. I was eager to jump in on a few of the posts this month.
Today the theme is ‘Witches’. Let the cauldron bubble and the magic brooms do their work. Join me on a jaunt to the most haunted town in America, Banshee Creek, “where it’s Halloween 365 days a year”.
I’ve chosen to highlight a spin-off series to Ani Gonzalez’s Banshee Creek books, her Main Street Witches. I binge read this series back in December 2018. They are fun, light paranormal cozies with more than a whiff of romance. Kat, Luanne, and Fiona all with their own witchery crafts and businesses made me wish small town Banshee Creek and its quirky residents were real so I could visit.
See the blurb:
The Main Street Witches series is a Banshee Creek spinoff with all the haunted town hijinks (hes, Caine and the PRoVE gang show up) and more paranormal goodies. The series has magic spells, fortune telling, aliens, Bigfoot and more. Come explore the “charmed side of tracks” of Banshee Creek.
Find the series:
Further witchy recommends:
- Beechwood Harbor Magic Mysteries by Danielle Garrett
- Veiled Magic series by Deborah Blake
- The Cat’s Meow by Stacey Kennedy
Enjoy some bewitching music from Pop Sugar’s Halloween Playlist:
Tune: Frank Sinatra’s Witchcraft
What’s your favorite fictional witch book/series?
Latest posts by Sophia Rose (see all)
- To Read or Not to Read … Read! – October 2020 - October 25, 2020
- Young Adult Audio Delight Review: Memento by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - October 25, 2020
- Review: To Kill a Warlock by H.P. Mallory - October 24, 2020
- Review: Jingle Balls: A Holiday Romantic Comedy Anthology - October 23, 2020
- Spotlight: Rescue You by Elysia Whisler - October 22, 2020